1998 Trophy 21ft fish well drain?-gctid353124

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1998 Trophy 21ft fish well drain?-gctid353124

New to this model does my two fish wells located both sides kind of long aft has what looks like drains with a screen on them drain water or suppose to. The wells fill with water from rain and I have flushed or tried to water in the openings with the screens. Any ideas.

Thanks

I have a 2008 so it could be different but there is a pump to drain the water out of the fish box. there should be a switch on the helm somewhere.

Comment

maxwell18 wrote:
      New to this model does my two fish wells located both sides kind of long aft has what looks like drains with a screen on them drain water or suppose to. The wells fill with water from rain and I have flushed or tried to water in the openings with the screens. Any ideas.

Thanks
      I have the same boat. They do fill with rain water. I'm looking into using "Taco Hatch Tape" to help seal them around the rim. They are "supposed" to drain out those drain holes and ours has a fishwell pump, however, it never drains all the way out -- always a little water left. If you figure out a solution to this issue please let me know! Thanks.

Clegs

Comment

I have a 1998 2052 Trophy. The fishwells you are talking about have pumps to drain them. There should be two switches at the help to activate the pumps, one for each side.

In regards to keeping the fishwells dry - IMO these are fishwells. They weren't designed to be dry stowage compartments.

Comment

I have a 1996 2002,w/a,outboard.The guy I bought the boat from decided to cut the hose from the starboard fish box(at tee under access door) and turn it into a washdown,leaving the box to drain into the bilge(some peoples kids?),he did cut a bigger door into the motor well,it looks like he has plumbed the new washdown hose from the pump located bottom/center of the bilge(I assume the aeroator for the live well) up to a fitting he brought straight up in the motor well,there is a johnson(red,rebuildable) bilge pump below that (mounted to floor of bilge & not seeming to work),another pump about halfway up to the hatch(also not working),then a large black steel pump,(factory sticker indicating washdown pump)on a shelf right below the door.I am trying to put all the plumbing back to original then move the washdown to the livewell,and add another bilge pump.Does anyone have the schematics for the plumbing/wiring?or have the know how to assisst me,thanks ahead of time.

Comment

myflies wrote:
            I have a 1998 2052 Trophy. The fishwells you are talking about have pumps to drain them. There should be two switches at the help to activate the pumps, one for each side.

In regards to keeping the fishwells dry - IMO these are fishwells. They weren't designed to be dry stowage compartments.
            True but it is annoying. And the water isn't very clean if not kept dry. I am thinking of installing check valves behind the pump. Every time I drain the tank quite a bit drains back when I shut off the pump. Check valves will at least help that.

Comment

Good luck trying to get a check valve in there. That space is very tight. As mentioned the only water in there after they're pumped is what's between the inlet (in the tank), and the pump. That's not a whole lot of water. If you're really concerned, carry a large sponge on board to take out the residue. But..... everytime you have water in the boat; rainwater, etc. some of it will find it's way into these lockers I know that many people have tried to make these things watertight, but I'm unsure if any were successful. Great fish lockers, poor dry storage lockers. That's the reason they have pumps.
              Bob Hawes.
              Kelowna, B.C.
              1998 Trophy 2052 WA
              4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

trophyboat wrote:
                Every time I drain the tank quite a bit drains back when I shut off the pump.
                Even if you install a check valve, this water will still be in the hose between the pump and the drain ffitting on the side of the boat.

I don't like the newer overboard fittings Trophy is using on the fishwell drains. They still use the pump, but the overboard fitting is tee'd into the scupper drain hoses.

Comment

The 2302 has the same problems but only one pump for both wells. You have to plug one to pump the other if it is empty

1994 model

Comment

Working...
                  X