250 hino alternator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

250 hino alternator question

My Starboard Voltage gauge on my 1993 4388 began dropping after running for 20 minutes or so and would drop to no reading. When i would slow down(900rpm) it would show normal charging voltage. The last time out it was charging and then dropped but did not go back up when back at idle. Having read some of the older threads my question is it the alternator or something with the oil(sending unit)? I removed the alternator today assuming the alternator was bad but now i am a little confused due to the "charge" is coming from the oil system?

Can an alternator repair shop rebuild it or are the parts not readily available? Is there a direct replacement i can buy? What is your recommendation for next steps?

Comment

I replaced both of my alternators with Delcos last year. Find an old fashioned automotive electric shop, one that deals with big trucks, construction equipment and industrial equipment. In my case the labor rate around here made it not economical to rebuild the Denso units. There’s an oil pressure activated wire that energizes the alternator and basically turns it on.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

Working...
      X