M Hull Trailer Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M Hull Trailer Issues

We have a Bayliner Element 8 18. Getting to boat on the trailer has always been an issue with the M hull. In calm conditions it is not a problem but with wind and tides the back end of the boat swings out and we end up on the top of the bunks and it takes multiple tries until we are aligned just right. I notice there is only a few inches from where the bunk and the hull aligns but that the bunks could be adjusted inwards to give you a larger margin of error. the bunks would then be aligned slight more towards the center of the hull. Has anyone tried this? Otherwise would try trailer guides. Thanks for any input.

leave the top 1/3rd of the bunk out of the water, align it up front and then winch it on. The M hull will auto align as it goes up onto the bunks. Most of the people that have difficulties retrieving the M hull onto the trailer have too much of the bunks in the water. When that happens the rear of the boat will swing out due to current or wind because the bow of the boat isn't seated on the bunks. It's different then retrieving a deep V hull.

Comment

Agree with Metz. First time I tried to load my F21 I realized what you're going through and it was because I had both bunks fully submerged. I started leaving about 2' of the bunks out of the water and the boat aligns itself pretty much all by itself. I have to solo launch/retrieve as the wife isn't comfortable with either process. Once you find the "magic spot", you'll love how this m-hull works and does most of the work.

Comment

Working...
      X