Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement recommendation for aft deck snap down carpet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement recommendation for aft deck snap down carpet?

I would like to replace the carpet that is snapped in place on the aft deck of my 4087. Shopping online I find mostly marine carpet that is designed to be glued down or that has a rubber backing which would make drying out underneath impossible. Any recommendations for a carpet that will breath, has a backing designed to accommodate snaps and handle the stretching to snap it in place is greatly appreciated in advance. Even better, if anyone knows of a resource where I can buy a carpet kit designed to fit Bayliner Yachts (not ski boats) that would be great.

Kind of like this stuff? Got to make it yourself though. They have a lot of options and tutorials on that site to get you on the right direction.

https://www.sailrite.com/How-to-Repl...Flooring-Video

Comment

I've looked for carpet for my cockpit area as well. I found the "marine" carpet to be pretty pricey and not worth the cost. The cockpit is the entry to the boat, I find it gets dirty quickly.

At home I have two 6' x 6' chunks of this from Lowe's - Foss Home & Office Amargosa Ocean Blue Needlebond Carpet (Indoor or Outdoor) in the Carpet department at Lowes.com. In the wet months I put one on the deck at the top of the stairs and one on the inside of the slider going out to the deck. This captures the water and dirt from our two German Shepards as they go in and out for their business. Every so often I lay it in the driveway and clean it with warm soapy water and a floor broom. When the wet season is over, I fold it up and put it in the garage. I've used the same two pieces for a couple years.

It occurred to me recently as I was looking for carpet for the boat that this stuff works well, why not use it on the boat two? I can double it up where the snaps are, it's easy to clean, the edges don't fray and if it gets ruined, I'm out $50 bucks and I go get a new piece.

Paul
      US Army (Retired), Federal Way, WA

1990 Bayliner 3288 - the "Janna Lea"
      MMSI: 338181912

Comment

I did Dri-deck on my 38 I like it a lot because the water just runs overboard and I can walk on in in socks and have dry feet that said I put •CORINTHIAN MARINE carpet
        in my salon and under table that was custom fit it just lays on top of the installed carpet so I can pop it out and clean as needed
        cheers
        Roy
        Ketchikan Alaska
        1988 3818
        EH 700
        Custom hard top enclosed

Comment

• Found At Sea
          Found At Sea commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the recommendation of Corinthian. Have a query in to them re size and availability.

Plus One on Corinthian. AquaMat® | Corinthian Marine
        Jeff & Tara (And Hobie too)
        Lake Havasu City, AZ
        |
        Current: 2022 Sun Tracker Sport Fish 22 XP3 w/ Mercury 200
        2000 Bayliner 3388 Cummins 4bta 250s (SOLD 2020)
        2000 Bayliner 2858 MCM 7.4 MPI B3 (SOLD 2018)
        2007 Bayliner 305 MCM twin 350 Mag B3s (SOLD 2012)
        2008 Bayliner 289 MCM 350 Mag Sea Core B3 (SOLD 2009)
        And 13 others...
        In memory of Shadow (7-2-10,) and Ginger (5-11-21.)
        Best boat dogs ever! Rest in peace girls...

Comment

I had thought about Dry-deck as well for the same reasons but it seems like it’d be a pain when having to open the engine hatches. I don’t know about the 38 but as you know the battery switches are under the port engine hatch. I have been thinking of adding remote switches which would solve this but that is in the wish list. I’m still on the must do list.

Paul
          US Army (Retired), Federal Way, WA

1990 Bayliner 3288 - the "Janna Lea"
          MMSI: 338181912

Comment

Working...
          X