Drinking Water pump just creates air pressure in system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking Water pump just creates air pressure in system

Wondering if I may have had something freeze in the fresh water pump or system this Winter ? The tank is full and the pump runs but doesn't pick up water. It just builds air pressure in the system. Any advise from the community?

Check the filter between the tank and pump. I’m guessing the clear plastic bowl is cracked. Btdt
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Also be sure to leave a faucet open until the pump primes and fills the system.

Comment

As said above, either the filter is loose, "O" ring is bad, or bowl is cracked. The O ring is the easy and cheap part to change first. Note: use some "restaurant" grade silicon grease to lube the o ring. Seals better, and the plastic bowl does not survive the gorilla grip. Check to see if any of the Whale hoses and their fittings (blue and red) are loose. They developed a groove and leaked air in. I trimmed off an inch and re-inserted it. No more leaks
        Captharv 2001 2452
        "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

Thanks to all! I'll be aboard in a few days and will be checking on that prepump filter. With 7 degree temps this Winter a little water in there would definitely cause damage. Most likely lesson learned to winterize even when in the water.

Comment

Working...
          X