need help finding the correct name for a part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help finding the correct name for a part

we just replaced the manifolds and Risers/Elbows on our '91 Capri 2050, Mercruiser 4.3 / V6 Alpha one. well apparently I didn't get the correct fitting or whatever it is... I found this video showing the part and correctly installed. but I can't find the proper name for it so that I might order the part so we can finish the engine portion of our project! if anyone knows what the fitting circled in red is on this screenshot I would be eternally grateful!! it's the piece that attaches the hose to the back of the Elbow / Riser thing.
    Attached Files

Go to this site and enter your serial number of the engine to look it up.

https://www.mercruiserparts.com/part...ndrive-inboard
    1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Threaded hose barb. That one looks to have a bit of an angle built in.
      Dave
      Edmonds, WA
      "THE FIX" '93 2556
      Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II
      The Rebuild Of My 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
      My Misc. Projects
      https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Fwiw, I picked a 4.3 file that would have been built in ‘91. It may not be the exact one, but it’s close enough to help you know what you are looking for. With Mercury Marine serial numbers are the key to everything. Changes are made in the middle of production years, so the model year has less definition than the serial number. So, check the serial number range at the top of the page after you see how each part number is identified. For the example, it part number 12 on the diagram. Then going to the list of parts, number 12 is a 22-865159 Fitting, 45 degree the magnifying glass means there’s a note, in this case it’s because it’s a new part number superseding a discontinued design. Iiwm, I’d do a search on both part numbers looking for the best price to me. That means the total cost including shipping and sales tax. Oftentimes there are other parts I need or am going to need that if I combine with this part, I can get free shipping.
        If I’ve oversimplified this, please forgive me. I want you to get the right “fitting or whatever it is…”
        pete
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

Why didnt you just reuse the old one?

Comment

FYI….., on the diagrams, the one, two and three digit numbers are the SEQ (sequence) numbers.
            As Pete said, these numbers reference the actual OEM part number.

Rick E. (aka RicardoMarine) Gresham, Oregon
            2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
            Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
            Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
            Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Please, no PMs. Ask your questions on forum.

Comment

Working...
            X