Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hino parts

I can’t find the sticky showing things like what oil and filter etc

The thread you’re looking for is in the Motoryacht sub forum. Click this link to take a short cut. https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...-hino-database
    Jim Gandee
    1989 3888
    Hino 175's
    Fire Escape
    [email protected]
    Alamitos Bay, SoCal

Comment

Thanks. It doesn’t mention oil. I have twin 110s

Comment

• The Family Paschen
        The Family Paschen commented
        Editing a comment
        been using mobil 1 15w50 for 20 some years, recently switched to 15w40 rotella T6 synthetic

Here’s the parts book https://www.marinepartssupply.com/book/19/default/
      And here’s the service manual https://www.marinepartssupply.com/me...vicemanual.pdf The lubricant recommendations are about 12 pages in.
      Exactly what brand is opening the Ford vs Chev vs Mopar debate. If you know what brand has been used consistently in the past, my opinion is to try to stat with that brand. Even then, since Costco stopped carrying Delo 400 15/40 and has a Kirkland equivalent, I switched to Kirkland.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

Thanks, is there a modern oil replacement for the trannies?

Comment

• The Family Paschen
          The Family Paschen commented
          Editing a comment
          mobil 1 in my transmissions for 20 some years synthetic atf

Originally posted by 3270 reel fun View Post
        Thanks, is there a modern oil replacement for the trannies?
        I would check to make sure which exact trans you have - at this age many have been updated.
        There is a tag on the top which will identify the transmissions - check both please.
        Northport NY

Comment

This link has owners manuals, engine manuals, tech articles etc on the 32 Bayliner.
          Please be carfefull as your boat may have been updated over the years and that is why its good to check and make sure.
          Bayliner 32xx.com
          Northport NY

Comment

Cool thanks. It’s in remarkable good shape. Owner died sat still. But Sofar I got everything working except the upstairs switches. The port engine has a label that says ATF. I will check the I’d plates for brand. I am pretty sure they are both Hurth.

Comment

• Mad Manc
              Mad Manc commented
              Editing a comment
              For what it’s worth, my upper switches were not working - bad ground (like pretty much all my electrical issues have been). Waggling the ground connections provided a temporary “fix” until I can go through and do a thorough clean up!

So I put my filter back together and it was leaking bad. I noticed the old oring was way bigger so had to reuse it.

Comment

• smitty477
              smitty477 commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting - I have done maybe 4 dozen or more of these changes over about 6 boats and never had one leak.
              The supplied "O" rings were always the same size as the ones removed - mostly Baldwin brand but others as well.

Similar problem with my Nissan SD33 engines. The oil filters are the "bolt through the filter element" style. The suggested filters, per the counter guy has gaskets that are too large in diameter. The element is right so my thinking is that there is another part number out there. By the way, if I leave off the large O ring and the small O ring at the bolt, it doesn't leak. Go figure. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X