Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats considered high hours Bayliner 3888

High everyone,

Thanks for the add. Just wanted to tickle your minds about what you would consider low, med , and high hours on a 92 Bayliner 3888 Hinos? Also wondering what would cause the boat not to plane, we had a turbo go on one engine, had it rebuilt , cleaned and painted the hull of the boat but still no planing.

Thanks.

Hi Dave
    Our Hinos have 3600+ hrs. And I truly think they'll out live me with proper maintenance.
    What Hinos do you have? What RPM will it reach? Fuel filters changed? Might props be over pitched?
    Brad & Sharon
    Lady Jake
    1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
    Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

Originally posted by dave1972 View Post
      High everyone,

Thanks for the add. Just wanted to tickle your minds about what you would consider low, med , and high hours on a 92 Bayliner 3888 Hinos? Also wondering what would cause the boat not to plane, we had a turbo go on one engine, had it rebuilt , cleaned and painted the hull of the boat but still no planing.

Thanks.
      "Also wondering what would cause the boat not to plane,"
      - incorrect propeller pitch and/or blade area
      - poor propeller condition
      - Excessive weight
      - poor running angle
      - inoperable or missing trim tabs
      - poor engine performance
      - lack of fuel at engine
      - fouled hull and/or running gear
      Northport NY

Comment

Welcome! What RPMs are you getting to and what is your speed? Is the boat new to you so that you have no history of performance? Are you setting the trim tabs at full bow down? On my purchase ride the previous owner did not extend the tabs and the boat dug it’s stern in making a top speed of 12kn. I recognized his operational error and went ahead with the purchase. One of the first things we did was add 500# of ballast under the forward bunk. When I tested to see if the ballast was adequate, it was, and it reached a speed of 16kn at 3000 rpm. The hour meters read around 3400 hours. We have put over 700 hours on them in the last four years, and I expect to get a whole bunch more out of them.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

Working...
        X