No announcement yet.

torque specs for the AQ125 engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man is there nothing you don't know??? Catbaby is impressed...! Now this will cross you up correct paint color for outdrives....I want the original color...yes I am doing a restoration project...
    and I want the good stuff....also how do you test these gauges...or do you throw in the trash and go all new..
    Be easy on that credit card my wife is watching....
    Catbaby

Comment

Volvo Penta coined their color for the AQ series drives "Aquamatic White".
      It's doubtful that you would find a color ID for that color!

In the past, I have taken a sample in for a color match. (they will use a spectrometer)

I have used an industrial 2 part epoxy paint with very good results.

Remove no more than need be of the original paint.... it doesn't get any better than what the factory did.
      If it isn't damaged, leave it alone.

Use zinc chromate primer lightly on any bare aluminum..... not on any OEM painted surfaces!

Bring the aluminum up to above dew point temperature before apply new paint.
      That temperature will vary depending on the relative humidity.

As for the gauges, first see if they all work.
      When replacing Fuel, Temp and Oil Pressure gauges, note that they may be proprietary to the sending unit.

Whereas with Ammeters and Volt meters, amps are amps, and volts are volts.

An electric tachometer reads a pulse from the ignition system.
      Some are adjustable for 4, 6 and 8 cylinder engines.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

good stuff thxs....now i think this is the last two items to clean before we start to go back together. The exhaust manifolds have to me what I would call freeze plugs.
        I want to take these out so I can see inside and so I can also put it in for clean up. It looks to me that there are two chambers in this manifold ,,,one for exhaust...one for water....
        the freeze plugs must be for the water jackets...to me this is where the most rust build up would be.....Question is it a good or bad idea to take them out. Otherwise the manifold looks good.

Thxs Catbaby

Comment

Originally posted by catbaby View Post
          ..............The exhaust manifolds have to me what I would call freeze plugs.
          Those are casting core plugs... aka welch plugs.

It looks to me that there are two chambers in this manifold ,,,one for exhaust...one for water....
          Correct!

the welch plugs must be for the water jackets...to me this is where the most rust build up would be.....
          Correct!

Question is it a good or bad idea to take them out. Otherwise the manifold looks good.
          Your call!

Thxs Catbaby
          Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
          Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

you the man I will leave them because I don't know if I could find the right size to replace.
            Catbaby

Comment

Originally posted by catbaby View Post
              you the man I will leave them because I don't know if I could find the right size to replace.
              Catbaby
              The OEM p/n is 804190,

Here are a few of them listed on e-Bay. Some listed are used.... I'd go with new.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...04190&_sacat=0

You'll see that your used rings have become cup shaped, so to speak.
              Worst case..... reverse the rings.
              Once installed and once the clamping ring has been tightened up, you will gain a little compression against them.

Use sealant on the inner ring...... no sealant on the outer ring.

Spray silicone lube on the outer ring so that it better nestles into position while the clamping ring is being tightened.

Make that neither becomes "pinched" while being compressed.

I've pulled several out over the years that had been pinched. They leak when pinched.

Here's an image that I put together a while back.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
              Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

your advice has been spot on will use new rings when the time comes.
                Thxs Catbaby

Comment

I think I have the wrong torque specs..... I was going through the book and when i got to the harmonic balance nut there was nothing but a picture of a gear on the crankshaft and no harmonic balancer
                  this makes me think of your not on Clymer manual may be wrong.....I cant find an original AQ125B shop manual....bummmer...all i have is a Clymer spec page....if i cry long and loud enough will you send me the correct torque specs for my engine....crying has started.
                  Catbaby

Comment

Working...
                  X