Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bristolboy
    replied
    I looked up my Amazon purchases (Phew! 2017) and I bought two..HATCO Infinity switch Kits. It was complete with the switch, wires, decal and knob. I chose not to use their knobs as they were 3/4" High which raised the lid higher when closed. The 1/2" high knobs were bought separately along with the 120v pilot lights. I added a silicon bumper to the existing lid bumper to cushion the lid when closed. Good luck to all!

Leave a comment:

• Bubbd
    commented on 's reply
    Never mind, I reread your post and see that you used spacers to raise the lid.

• Howard
    replied
    Love your mod, any chance you have the part numbers you used for switches, knobs, etc?
    Looks like there are quite a few different switches on Amazon and eBay.
    Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Bubbd
    replied
    Thanks Dave.

It looks great. I’ll order the switches and give it a shot.

One question...Do the switches still allow the glass top to sit flush when down? They look like they are raised quite a bit.

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• builderdude
    commented on 's reply
    Nice conversion 👍🏼

• bristolboy
    replied
    Hi Kevin,
    The attached pics will give you an idea of how to make the Range conversion. All the parts except the 1/4" Spacer to raise the lid are available on Amazon. The infinity switches are marked and are self explanatory I.E. LINE 1, LOAD 1, PILOT 1 etc. The 120v Pilot lights are necessary to ensure you don't close the lid when in use. You will need about 3 ft of heat resistant 14 gage wire, available from any appliance repair shop. I chose to leave some of the existing decal and just cut out the old switch area.
    Once you start you'll soon realize that it's fairly straightforward. Good luck and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. Cheers Dave

Leave a comment:

• Bubbd
    replied
    Originally posted by bristolboy View Post
    More than likely it's the electronic control panel that's gone....A replacement control unit is extremely expensive.....I scrapped the electronic controls and installed 2 infinite electric stove hotplate switches and indicator led,s . It works and looks excellent....cheap fix too!

Hi Bristolboy

I like your idea of changing to infinite switches. Any chance you could send me a picture of yours and a little direction on how you wired it?

Thanks

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• captharv
    replied
    Usage procedure for Origo 4300E
    Make sure the 'range" on the AC power panel is on.
    Press (Mash down if you are southern) the button with the key symbol
    press the "+" button for either the right of left side. The lights should start off with one, one and two, ;two, two and three, three. as the "+" button increases the heat. This is the heat level control such as it is.
    When finished, press the button with the "O" for off, and foe safety, we move the AC power panel "range" to off

Leave a comment:

• simo
    replied
    It looks like your buttons are still there. Once you power on the stove at the breaker panel, push the front left or right (I forgot which one) to unlock the unit. Then the plus buttons will power the burners and light the red leds to show your low-med-high setting. The other front button powers the burners off.

Leave a comment:

• Norton_Rider
    replied
    Some of these stoves have a spring-loaded safety switch on top. It's a small plunger that pops up through a hole. It's there to prevent the stove from being turned on with the cover over it. The stove on my previous boat had a switch that would stick in the retracted position, and would not allow the stove to turn on. I fixed it with some electrical contact clener. I can't tell from the photo if your stove has this switch.

Leave a comment:

• bristolboy
    replied
    More than likely it's the electronic control panel that's gone....A replacement control unit is extremely expensive.....I scrapped the electronic controls and installed 2 infinite electric stove hotplate switches and indicator led,s . It works and looks excellent....cheap fix too!

Leave a comment:

• Seahawks II
    replied
    Looks like the control panel has lots of damage. 1st make sure you have power to the unit which you did.. The lid has to be up all the way and as I recall the center hole turns the stove on and then you press the + or - to control the heat for each side.

Leave a comment:

• Bubbd
    started a topic Origo 4300 E stovetop

Origo 4300 E stovetop

Hello.

I have an 2452 with an Origo 4300 E stove top in it. I cannot get it to turn on. Saying that, I’m not even positive how to turn it on!!!!

I have checked the panel and there is power going to switch and leaving the switch to the stovetop.

Attached is a picture of the stovetop.

Thanks

Kevin
Working...
X