Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Polarity.

Hi guys.

I just purchased a 1996 Bayliner 2452. When I plug into the shore power I get a reverse polarity light. I have no clue where to even start with this.

What I am plugged into is a 30 amp 2 foot cord that is plugged into a regular extension cord to my house. I have tried a couple of different cords and a couple of different power sources.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

Pick up a tester like this and check your outlet and also your cord. I carry one with me and you would be surprised at how many times I have found a mis-wired outlet in a marina.

Currently watching from shore while deciding what my next boat will be !

Comment

Ok...heading to a marine store now so will see if they have one. I will post what I find.

Thanks.

Comment

If neutral and hot are reversed on you have outlet this will be the cause. A tester will let you know.
        1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Check the home outlet first with an inexpensive polarity tester from a hardware store.
          1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
          2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
          Anacortes, WA

Comment

Solved...picked up a tester and found that the polarity was reversed on the extension cord. I had used three different cords and all had the polarity reversed. I can see maybe one, but three???? Anyways, forth cord in my garage worked.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X