Breaker Switches Failing - Seeking Suitable Replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaker Switches Failing - Seeking Suitable Replacements

Hi folks! The breaker switches on my 2000 model Ciera are failing. Over the last year 4 have failed. They are not tripping (no issue with the device or sign of the button popping out), but internally seem to be losing their continuity so the circuit is open. The workaround has been to bypass the breaker and I wire in individual blade fuse blocks with the correct amperage fuse. But now with 4 failed it's getting to be messy and I want to replace the failed breakers. My problem though is I can't find direct replacement parts for the original "BUSS" breakers. I have just tried the Blue Sea breaker pictured but size and connection is different which I can work around, but the orientation of the thread slice (that keeps the breaker from spinning) is at 90 degrees to the original so I will have to drill out the holes in the aluminium panel to get it to fit.

Does anybody know if there is a direct replacement available? Many thanks!

The push-button style breakers require a single mounting hole. Most use a push-on wire fittings (some resistance).

The toggle style breakers require two small holes for screw mounting and one hole for the toggle handle.
    The wire terminals are screw fastened (less resistance).
    You may be able to retro-fit this style to your panel.

You can find both styles here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=12v+...biw=1238&hl=en
    Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Buss part # 17420-34 may work, the mounting works differently but may fit.
      Chuck
      2002 3988 / Cummins 330s
      Los Angeles

Comment

I’m looking too. I can find blade type and screw in type, but not one that has a blade and a screw. The panel has a a buss strip that links the 12v power side then a blade fit the outgoing power to the device.
        P/C Pete
        Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
        1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
        Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
        MMSI 367770440

Comment

Originally posted by CBAB View Post
          Buss part # 17420-34 may work, the mounting works differently but may fit.
          Great Lakes Skipper has these under various stock numbers but you have to search thru 11 pages of breakers to find them. Some P/N 17420-34 have a different mounting but may work as well. The 20 or 25 or 15 in the P/N are the amperage. Google will return several other vendors.
          Chuck
          2002 3988 / Cummins 330s
          Los Angeles

Comment

Originally posted by CBAB View Post

Great Lakes Skipper has these under various stock numbers but you have to search thru 11 pages of breakers to find them. Some P/N 17420-34 have a different mounting but may work as well. The 20 or 25 or 15 in the P/N are the amperage. Google will return several other vendors.
            Thank you Chuck that looks like the one I need! I was able to get the Blue Sea to work just needed to drill out the panel hole and change the connector but it would be nice to have a direct replacement so I'll check these out!

Comment

Working...
            X