Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• optimist_prime
    replied
    So... I sent the cracked prop off to a shop in MN called "PropMD", after sending them a pic of the crack. They turned it around in about 8 days; it cost me $145 plus $15 shipping. Looks pretty good (they balance and polish it in the process). In the meantime I removed all barnacles and painted the outdrive. Looks a lot better than a month ago!

Leave a comment:

• optimist_prime
    replied
    So another twist to the story... A prop repair outfit in Plymouth, Minnesota apparently repairs/refurbishes B3 props... here's their web address: http://www.propmd.com/

Anybody have experience with them?

I emailed and got an immediate response to my inquiry of whether the crack is repairable and they requested a pic of it, which I sent this morning. The complete repair and balance job is $90 - $125 on my prop, far better than replacement.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffw
    commented on 's reply
    Message sent. BTW, I'm almost positive that Solas makes Bravo 3 props, Richard (Skip's son) and I tested them for Solas on my boat a few years back. Every bit as good as the Mercs, and cheaper.

• optimist_prime
    commented on 's reply
    Jeff, PM me with your last name. BTW my sister and brother in law live in LHC. I could get them the prop and see if Skip's could fix it.

• optimist_prime
    commented on 's reply
    P/CPete, I believe the one I called (425- 745-1700) is on South Road... She was the one who said they can't be welded.

• optimist_prime
    commented on 's reply
    Good point Toni.

• courtjester
    replied
    if you're going to replace in anyway, why not take a shot at welding the crack. What can it hurt?

Leave a comment:

• Pcpete
    replied
    This is the one you want. https://propshopinc.com/

There’s a long history there. Last I talked to the one on South Road, the other owner is happy to transport props, but he takes the to South Road and has them do the work.

Leave a comment:

• talman
    replied
    There are two prop shops in Mulkiteo. One is good, one is ok. Call them both.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffw
    replied
    Skip's Prop Shop here in Lake Havasu can probably repair it, their number is 928-855-0887. Tell them I sent you. They do repairs from all over, then UPS back to you.

Leave a comment:

• builderdude
    replied
    Yea they do get a premium for those Bravo props. Even aluminum B2 props start around 480 or so.

Leave a comment:

• optimist_prime
    replied
    Well, I called two shops, and both say a Bravo 3 stainless prop is un-fixable. One was the Prop Shop in Mukilteo, btw.

And to further the problem, Mercruiser (or Mercury Marine, or Quicksilver) NO LONGER make 3 and 3 blade Bravo 3 props- they now have a 4 and 3 blade combo. So if I go new, I have to replace BOTH props- about $1,600!

So I'm going to replace the forward prop only, with a used one. They run anywhere from $300 to $500 on ebay. Sheesh.

Leave a comment:

• builderdude
    commented on 's reply
    😂Annie’s Corset, Pete you funny guy....
    +1 on the prop shop👍🏼

• Pcpete
    replied
    If you can’t find someone you feel good about in Annies Corset the Prop Shop in Mukilteo is excellent.

Leave a comment:

• Norton_Rider
    replied
    Stainless can be welded. Find a good prop shop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X