marine ac and heat-gctid350496

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    thanks for the information guys... will do.

Leave a comment:

• richardson
    replied
    Find the reversing valve on your unit (it is the barrel shaped thing with 4 refrigerant lines and an electric coil on it). With the unit running in heat mode hold a screwdriver near where the coil is attached and it should attract it like a magnet. If it does not it is the coil or relay sending power to it that is bad. If it does the valve is stuck and sometimes lightely tapping on the end will unstick it. DO NOT tap on the side.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Depending on what unit you have and whatnot you could be having a board issue. The relays on the circuit boards that activate the valves are junk and like to easily fry out.

There are ways to test exactly whats wrong if the "tapping" method doesnt work. I would recommend going to marine-ac.com and making a post on their forum. The fella there that runs the site will assist you with testing this, its really quiet easy.

My a/c board lost a relay last year and stopped functioning. With his help I was able to bypass the board for a week while waiting for a new one to come in.

Leave a comment:

• tonyiiiafl
    replied
    Yes, in my manual, if the reverse heat does not work, the manual said to "tap" (operative word, NOT beat the heck out of it!) the reverse cycle valve, as it could be stuck from infrequent use.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    There's a valve to reverse the cooling to heating. It's not oil that's in there, it's Freon of one type or another. Running in reverse it cools the water and heats the boat. Grab the manual for your unit and use it to locate the reverse cycle valve, then see if it is still properly connected, for starters.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic marine ac and heat-gctid350496

marine ac and heat-gctid350496

one of my units wont get hot... air works... does anyone know how to fix them... no sense in relacing it... is there an element that heats the oil in side... is there somethnig eletrical that can be replaced... any suggestions...
Working...
X