No announcement yet.

Honda 25 Outboard for My 2859

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concrete in the hull?? If the manufacturer put it there you can bet that they had a good reason for it. Possibly to balance a boat that by design did not sit level in the water? I’d hesitate to remove something like that withouy knowing it’s purpose.
    Bob Hawes.
    Kelowna, B.C.
    1998 Trophy 2052 WA
    4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

Originally posted by aknurse View Post
      Ive got a Merc 9.9 XL shaft Pro Kicker that works well on my swim step. If I had it to do all over again, Id probably get a 15 because of the fuel injection and higher amp output than the 9.9. Ive had it push my gal home 40 miles before.
      Most 15's are only a 9.9 with a larger injector or carb (or so I've been told by several Honda Dealers)
      97 2859

Comment

Originally posted by JThiessen View Post

Most 15's are only a 9.9 with a larger injector or carb (or so I've been told by several Honda Dealers)
        Pretty much yes. Mercury's 9.9 is carbed and puts out 6 amps. The 15 is EFI and puts out 12 amps. EFI is much easier to start with my fat ass hanging over the side than messing around with a choke. It pushes the boat fine however. I have plenty of battery capacity, but like to be charging when an engine is running. 6 amps just barely covers electronics when fishing.
        "REEL WILD"
        2001 2859 FNM 300 Diesel-Bravo 2
        Anchorage, Alaska
        If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes.......

Comment

Bob, as for the concrete, Bayliner tested a hull that was empty, no load, my boat came with only one battery from the factory. So as for battery's I now have 2 golf cart battery's @ 50 + lbs. and a 15 HP big foot, after removing the concrete there is still more weight on the pot side now, then as original so the battery's are now on the starb. side.
          Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
          96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Working...
          X