VHF FM connector/adaptor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VHF FM connector/adaptor

Is there an adaptor to connect the male to female fitting? I rearranged my electronics and now my VHF FM antenna is several inches too short. So, I need an extension with male fitting on one end and female on the other. Or, do I have to buy another cable and splice it to the existing one? I could relocate the antenna but don't have many practical options on a bowrider with wakeboard tower.
    1998 Capri 1950CL
    3 Liter MerCruiser
    Furuno 1622 Radar, Garmin echoMAP44dv, Garmin 300 AIS receiver, Uniden Cl 2 VHF with Hailer,
    2 batteries with Combiner, Joystick Wakeboard Tower

Get one each of these:
    https://www.westmarine.com/buy/shake...30?recordNum=9
    https://www.westmarine.com/buy/ancor...4?recordNum=15

Keep in mind that you will have some signal loss, but it will probably not be much.
    1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
    2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
    Anacortes, WA

Comment

Thank you. I'm not concerned about signal loss, as I boat in San Diego Bay and Mission Bay; low power has always been adequate.
      I may just make another faceplate for the dashboard and relocate the radio. I'll have to check the measurements to see which is the best option.
      1998 Capri 1950CL
      3 Liter MerCruiser
      Furuno 1622 Radar, Garmin echoMAP44dv, Garmin 300 AIS receiver, Uniden Cl 2 VHF with Hailer,

Comment

Just for grinsies...have you run the length of the existing cable to make sure there is not a loop/coil somewhere...?

Barring that, I would go with Norton_Rider's suggestion...
        1988 3888
        Twin Cummins 6BT's 210hp

Comment

Yes. I installed the original radio with this antenna and cable. I've changed the dashboard several times over the years; at first, the cable went to an ADF, then another cable fed the radio. Then, I added an antenna switch and a second radio, so the cable didn't have to reach as far as I want it to now.
          1998 Capri 1950CL
          3 Liter MerCruiser

Comment

Working...
          X