Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Avanti 3685 electrical schematic . . ? Where to find?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1998 Avanti 3685 electrical schematic . . ? Where to find?

Afternoon gentlemen (well, most of you are) - I am looking at doing some upgrades (maybe) and some changes to my electrical for our Avanti if she doesn't sell by next summer (in which case we might bring her down here to FL) and I don't have any of the manuals with me (they're on the boat in case of a prospective buyer). I had some items logged into my computer but I don't have anything for the electrical in my bevy of articles and manuals. Anybody have any ideas where to find items like that? I logged into Bayliner and sent them a message but their site doesn't even show the 1998 Avanti 3685 as being in existence. I checked out the 4085 just to see if it might compare but it doesn't. Appreciate any help.
    1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
    Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
    WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
    James H. Stradling

. . . well, I've received my reply from Bayliner and it wasn't very good. A person there was kind enough to send me the spec sheets for the 1998 Bayliner boats that they were building at the time . . . . unfortunately, the Avanti 3685 isn't even listed in those sheets, let alone having the electrical schematic. Oh well, maybe one of you will have a better link that I can use . . . . anyone??
    James H. Stradling

Comment

I can only find a 32xx and 40xx Avanti. I'm wondering if a PO created some new decals to reflect a total, dock size, model. Your serial number will confirm the actual model. Next, here's a link to the manual for the 32. All Bayliner schematics require a bunch of interpolation, however, circuit breaker and fuse sizes are correct for each circuit and are fairly standard from model to model. Whatever's on a 120v circuit on a 32 will be the same on a 40. The same is relatively true for the 12v but switches and number of circuits are often variable.
      What circuts are you working on, or are you trying to understand your electrical system. Btw, it took me a couple of months getting to understand my 3818's systems, and that was with a schematic.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
      MMSI 367770440
      1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
      Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Thanks, Pete. Appreciate the link but couldn't find it in your posting. Sure makes me wonder about Bayliner sometimes. Of all the spec sheets and information that I've found so far, the 3685 doesn't seem to have ever existed. I find that absolutely astonishing and, at the same time, somewhat ironic. Makes one wonder sometimes. Have to head to Tampa to pick up the wife from the airport but I'll PM you the serial number for our boat when I return.
        James H. Stradling

Comment

Crap! https://bayliner.com/wp-content/uplo...anti-3255-.pdf
          P/C Pete
          Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
          1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
          Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
          1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
          MMSI 367770440
          1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
          Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Working...
          X