fuse box-gctid409269

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuse box-gctid409269

hi gang , just purchased a 2001 2450 ciera .it came without any manuals . the water pump worked a few times , now it doesnt . im thinking fuse?can anyone tell me where the fuse box is .sorry , im obviously a monkey when it comes to mech probs . a lot to learn i guess

thanks for any help

andrew

on my byliner 602 buddy, the fuse box is accessed from inside the cabin - right behind steering console. you will see the cloth with 2 clips - once you open the cloth you will find it there - easy to pull out the fuses and check them - do them one by one so you do not confuse the slots because they are different amps - so dont switch them around.

good luck

andrew

Comment

Also, if you replace a fuse please make sure that you use the best quality fuses.

I used cheap automative fuses in the past and they are thinner than the high quality fuses. This means that they "wobble" around in the fuse holder and do not make proper contact. This gives you the dreaded intermittent fault and you do not suspect the fuse as it was just changed.

I hope this helps.
      Terry (Retired Diving Instructor and Part Time IT Consultant)
      1998 Bayliner 2452. 5.7l V8 - Edelbrock 1409 4bbl - Alpha1Gen2 - Solent UK.
      MMSI 235061726

Comment

Daughter and husband just bought a 2000 Four Winns 268. Water pump worked for a day then no longer turned on. We checked fuses and tore boat apart looking for bad connections. Turns out faucets were so plugged up with sediment, no water could come out, therefore no pressure demand at pump, so it didn't turn on. Once we cleaned out faucet screens, all was fine.
        2008 Rinker 330 EC
        Twin 350 MAG Bravo 3
        2007 285
        350 Horizon Bravo 3

Comment

Working...
        X