• Show
Clear All

• watchthis
    replied
    Nice work men. I am on it.

Leave a comment:

• C-NUMB
    replied
    Like Centerline2 says. Sometimes its also worth to re drill the hole slightly larger before patching, this way you get a clean fresh surface that will help bonding.

Leave a comment:

• green650
    replied
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=795hDUPSufg

Leave a comment:

• green650
    replied
    I use a white jb weld type product. You just break a chunk off and knead it then stick it in the holes. It’s like play do so it doesn’t dribble. They have it at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe’s, pep boys, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CFB2DBEA-8CD6-46D5-A5AA-33A8BCD74E0B.png
Views:	19
Size:	671.8 KB
ID:	455071

Leave a comment:

• Centerline2
    replied
    use a countersink to flare the edges of the holes to insure there is no small cracks remaining around where the old screws went thru the gelcoat, and then after filling the holes level with marinetex (or the west marine brand, MarineRX which is about half price of the marine tex) cover the fill with small pieces of plastic cut from a zip loc bag, and this will help allow you to level out the wet filler without getting it all over.... leave the plastic on til it hardens and it will peel off like a bandaid, leaving a smooth shiny surface on the fill that may or may not need additional fairing, depending on your desire...

Leave a comment:

• watchthis
    replied
    Thanks folks

Leave a comment:

• Sunbird
    replied
    West system make small pouch envelope containers for small repairs like this, but as Joon suggested Marine Tex comes in white and will blend in better.

Leave a comment:

• Ruffryder
    replied
    3M premium filler,
    marinetex

Leave a comment:

• watchthis
    started a topic Patching screw holes in fiberglass swimstep

Patching screw holes in fiberglass swimstep

I need to move my davit brackets on my swim step, and that will result in the need to patch (or do I?) 6 dime sized screw holes in the fiberglass swim step. Any suggestions on resin or other product to use that may come in a small container?
Working...
X