Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 Ciera 2355 Weight on the Cabin-gctid406640

Hi all,

I am new to the BoC and am already overwhelmed at the vast pool of knowledge and experience shared on these forums.

I hope I will be able to share some of my knowledge in the coming months as I undertake a complete makeover of a recently purchased 1996 Ciera 2355.

my question is. how strong is the cabin roof. there is no such thing as a sundeck on the 2355, and therefore was wondering if it were possible to place to custom fit mats ahead of the cockpit for the ladies who would like to tank up on some sun. I really have no idea of what weight that cabin is capable of holding.. I am sure it can take some weight, because at 95KG I have often walked up to the anchor.. but ??

any ideas or help ?

Thnx

Thomas (all the way from Germany).

Simple answer is yes. It will hold weight. I had a 96 2655 and I had 2 adults forward and there was no problems. A friend of mine had the same year 2355 and he and his wife could both sun themselves there. He weighed about 250 and she about 125.
    Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
    West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Comment

RGrew176 wrote:
      Simple answer is yes. It will hold weight. I had a 96 2655 and I had 2 adults forward and there was no problems. A friend of mine had the same year 2355 and he and his wife could both sun themselves there. He weighed about 250 and she about 125.
      Thanks Rick ! that gives me some peace of mind.. I was already having nightmares of having to convert the boat into a bowrider when the roof caves in :-)

Comment

The 2355 front deck can hold lots of weight, had 4 people up there at least before np.

Comment

I think it depends on the ladies....

Comment

If you have to ask, they are too big to be up there. This is a visual, not structural problem.

But seriously, it can probably hold more weight than you could get people up there. I've had eight on my 3055 and six on my 2455 without noticeable flex.

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
              If you have to ask, they are too big to be up there. This is a visual, not structural problem.

But seriously, it can probably hold more weight than you could get people up there. I've had eight on my 3055 and six on my 2455 without noticeable flex.
              Lol carlos if any body would know about the esthetic value of a woman sunning on the bow of a boat it would be you. Referring to the skinny kind.

Two adults could probably jump up and down on the bow of that boat and not cause any damage.
              1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
              twin 454's
              MV Mar-Y-Sol
              1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
              Twin chevy 350's inboard
              Ben- Jamin
              spokane Washington

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
                Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

My 2155 (older version of the same boat) has sunned 3 with no problem. Be careful in some states! In AZ you'll get a ticket if anyone is up there while boat is in motion. I know because.........

Comment

Thanks all for all the help!

Off to select the ladies now.. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                  X