Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nauticus Smart Tabs-gctid406288

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever used the Nauticus Smart Tabs? If so, what did you think of them? I have a 2000 model 2050 LX with a MerCruiser 305 with an Alpha 1 sterndrive, and I was thinking about adding them to help with porpoising when I'm on Lake Tahoe. The water gets a little choppy in the afternoons.

Not familiar with that brand, but the guy from Bennett Tabs is here all the time answering questions and providing top notch support. I have them on my boat and they have been great. Based on my experience and the level of support I would not buy another brand.

At least check them out as an option.

Comment

I installed smart tabs on a 2008 192. Greatly improved porpoising on choppy water. I also found that it improved performance with bowrise when planing out and I noticed a definite improvement in slow speed wander. Very pleased with them.
      FNT
      2008 Discovery 192

Comment

I installed Smart Tabs and what FNT said, faster on plane, less bowrise, less porpoising, less wander at slow speed and best of all $100 and self install in less than an hour.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your quick replies. I really appreciate it.

Comment

I installed the SmartTabs SX with 40lb actuators and PR500 top brackets on my 1952cn Cuddy. I got the PR500 brackets so the tabs can be stored in the flush position so as not to interfere with the lift at my High-Dry storage marina. I am pleased with the improvement. Slow speed wander is 90% eliminated, boat planes faster, rides smoother in chop. You can still use the trim adjustment on the outdrive to further adjust the trim. My boat calls for the 60lb actuators but I didn't want to overdo it so I went with the 40lb.
            1996 Donzi 275 LXC
            7.4 Merc Bravo III
            Home Port Tarpon Springs, FL
            Previously:
            2002 Bayliner 1952 CN Cuddy
            Way Back When:
            1969 Slickcraft SS170 / 1971 Johnson 125

Comment

I installed some on a 14' Sea Ray SeaRayder I used to own. The boat had a terrible engine and a pretty flat hull, so planing was hard. I installed what the folks at Nauticus recommended to me and I thought they worked great!! After a few adjustment runs, I was planing quick, my control was better and less wander at slower speeds. PLUS, no switches or electric to deal with! Good company to work with too~!

Comment

Mike, your boat size/length is right at the limit (perhaps a bit past) for smart tabs, IMO.

The Bennett hydraulic TT's may serve you better in that they offer full control from the helm.
                Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
                2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
                Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
                Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
                Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Working...
                X