Bravo one locked up ? Help please-gctid405754

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bravo one locked up ? Help please-gctid405754

I did a search and did not find any subjects pertaining to this so I guess that means it doesn't happen very often? My lower unit seams to be locked in gear or between gears not sure which but I cant put the shifter into reverse with the cables attached to the shift assembly at the motor but if I disconnect the cables I can move the shifter handle to reverse so its got to be in the lower unit? If so what do you recommend ? if not what do you recommend? Thanks for any input!

Doug

The Bravo drives do not like to be shifted when the engine is not running.

Vic

Ft Myers
    Vic Stewart SN
    Past Commander
    Cape Fear Power Squadron
    Ft Myers Power Squadron
    1998 2859 7.4 L/B2
    Raw water cooled

Comment

The BI drive is a cone clutch drive. FWD/REV gear engagement/disengagement is achieved in the upper unit. The two lower unit gears are continuously in contact with one another (no disengagement).

Can you elaborate on just what's happening or not happening?
      Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Thanks once again for the help Rick I got it figured out all I had to do is pull the rope start thats attached to the prop they are supposed to have pull starts right?

Comment

Drain the gear oil look for pieces. The shift cable might have corrosion. 2 reasons right there. Gears went or the cable went. Ether way the drive got to come off.
          Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Chief Alen wrote:
            Drain the gear oil look for pieces. The shift cable might have corrosion. 2 reasons right there. Gears went or the cable went. Ether way the drive got to come off.
            Sounds like he is good to go, Prop Fouled ! The best fix you could have asked for if you ask me ! LOL

Comment

Working...
            X