Cummins - pencil zinc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cummins - pencil zinc

So the local Cummins dealer wants $25.38 per zinc, doesn't this seem a little on the high side? Anyone purchase these in the Seattle area that is a little more reasonable in pricing? Thanks
    2001 3788 w/ 330 Cummins
    Seattle, WA

Not sure which Zincs you need, but you can get them from SBMar.com for $8.50: https://www.sbmar.com/product/12-in-pencil-zinc/ -- lots of different selections....
    Terry
    1999 Bayliner 3388
    Twin Cummins 4BTA
    Fisherman, Cruiser, Boaticus-enthusiasticus-maximus
    Member Royal Victoria Yacht Club

Comment

They are run of the mill pencil zinc. My cummins shop sells me Martyr zincs when I go in. Unless your heart tells you genuine Cummins zinc is worth the money....
      Tally and Vicki
      "Wickus" Meridian 341
      MMSI 338014939

Comment

Go to Fisheries Supply in Seattle. You can buy them for $2.50. A little more if you want the brass nut. Used them for years in my 370. Have fun!
        John H
        Brisbane QLD Aust
        "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

I get mine online from rotometals.

I think they hasve an amazon presence as well, but I think their online store is cheaper.

KEVIN SANDERS
          4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

Thanks everyone, appreciate the tips and I will definitely NOT be getting it from the local dealer. That's quite the hefty mark up!
            2001 3788 w/ 330 Cummins
            Seattle, WA

Comment

Originally posted by TenMile View Post
              Not sure which Zincs you need, but you can get them from SBMar.com for $8.50: https://www.sbmar.com/product/12-in-pencil-zinc/ -- lots of different selections....
              Just ordered these and a set of belts, thanks for site suggestion.
              2001 3788 w/ 330 Cummins
              Seattle, WA

Comment

Hands down best prices are at boatzincs.com. I got all my Cummins 6bta zincs there... I believe they were all E-2Z. The site is great for shaft, drivers dream, etc zincs too.
                1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

Working...
                X