Trophy 2052 Scupper Size-gctid405282

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy 2052 Scupper Size-gctid405282

Hello fellow boat owners. I have recently purchased a 2002 2052 WA and I really like it! There are two issues that I'm hoping to get some help with:

1. The previous owner covered the scuppers because of the issue with water backing into the fishwells. I know this is a common issue with this boat and I want to replace the scuppers with Rabud's. My question is ...what size do I order? On the website, I only see 1" and 3" scuppers. Mine appear to be somewhere in between. How exactly do I measure?

2. The drain hoses from the fishwells were taken out from the back so that they drain into the bilge. The pumps seem to still work and I'd like to reconnect them. I can't figure out how the threaded tube on the hose attaches to the hole in the bottom of teh fishwell. Is there a flange that threads on from the inside and is then tightened with the nut from the outside?

Thanks for reading!

-John

New Baltimore, MI

Not sure about #2 but the issue with the water filling the fishwells does suck. As soon as the fish wells fill up, water floods the back deck. It all eventually drains out the rear scuppers (except the fishwells, they need to be pumped). I am trying to combat this by laying some rubber sealant tape on the hatch. I will be putting it on today and testing it out tomorrow. Im pretty sure they measure the hole size. Could be wrong, but Im pretty sure.

Comment

Here is what I did today for my fishwells. They do float a bit higher, but Im hoping they seal WAY better. Its just 1 inch wide by 7/16 thick foam/rubber tape from home depot.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Having been a trophy owner for many years, I've never really had that problem. The scuppers are "well above" the water line.

Did the prev owner do a lot of backing up??

Is the stern sitting to low in the water / water line too high?

If the scuppers are covered how does the deck bail? remember that if you take water over the bow, it will come into the rear deck.

Comment

Well, the fish lockers seemingly stayed pretty dry today. I will keep the seal tape on for a few more runs and hopefully it solved the problem. Not sure what the deal is. Its just a natorious issue. I think the scuppers are a bit low on the older models. I was noticing mine today while anchored and swimming. They are just at waterline if not a tad in during any wake.

Comment

Don't they have rubber flappers on them to keep the water out?

Comment

Thanks for your input so far. Yes the scuppers do have rubber flappers, but the previous owner claims that water still came in when he when two guys sat in the back fishing. The way it is rigged now the cockpit doesn't bail. Water just goes into the fishwells and then down into the bilge where I have to pump it out with the bilge pump. If anyone can answer the two questions posted above I should be able to fix this problem. If anyone has a picture if the drain in the bottom of the fishwells (original) I could get an idea of how these hoses are connected.

Comment

Honestly, mine are both connected Y'd to a pump in the bildge that pumps out a through hull right next to the starboard side bildge through hull. I'll try to get some pics.

Comment

:arr OK all you Junior Trophy Noobs :hammer I just went out and calipher measured my RABUDS and they are 2 7/8's inches. The old flapper style Perko's tended to dry out curl and shrink a bit hence water into the Trophy. The first solution I did was to jam Handball balls into them but when taking water over the bow or raining, no wa wa out the backside. One of our Old Time Sponsors a George Van Parys first posted about Rabuds and that's where I bought mine, and exact replacement to the Perkos right down to the mounting screw holes lining up.

Comment

Working...
                  X