U-Line Ice Maker Repair-gctid404403

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Line Ice Maker Repair-gctid404403

There was a thread a while back where a member provided his professional instructions to repair a U-Line Ice Maker. I have made a few searches but no luck. Does anyone recall the thread I would be be very greatful.

Joe
    Joe
    Green Eyed Lady
    Sandy Hook NJ

I have a U-Line Model BI-95 in my motorhome, I also have a manual on it in the form of a PDF file that I could send to you. What is/are the problems you are having with it??? And, the 110v cheap ice maker you find in Lowes/Home Depot have the same internals as an expensive U-Line. If you want the manual, PM me your email addy.

Comment

John, thanks for the offer but I have the manual. The thread I'm refering to the member gave step by step instrudction on how to repair a problem with the bar. Mine sems to have gotteh stuck in the middle of a cyclye and I can't move it. I have defrosted the unit and want to work on the bar but I seem to remember there were some "tricks" to adjusting it.
      Joe
      Green Eyed Lady
      Sandy Hook NJ

Comment

I redid the search and found some threads but not the exact one I was thinking about. The one I remember the member gave step by step instructionsbut I can make do with what I found.
        Joe
        Green Eyed Lady
        Sandy Hook NJ

Comment

Every year when I de-winterize, the U-Line refuses to produce ice cubes, gets cold enough to freeze a container of water overnight. A tip I got from one of my Safari Motorhome websites suggested that when no cubes, to turn UP the thermostat an 1/8 to a 1/4. Sure enough, 15 minutes after the turn up I hear the tinkle of ice cube production. Then I turn it back down and everything is hunky dory for the season. Kind of counter intuitive, but works.

Comment

John, I assume you mean to actually incease the temp and not make it colder. Again thanks for your help.
            Joe
            Green Eyed Lady
            Sandy Hook NJ

Comment

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd just in case you need a new one -- http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/rvs/3167316310.html

Comment

It sounds like you have a weak motor issue like I had with mine, I replaced the entire ice making tray assembly and motor for $125.00 bucks It fixed all of my problems with getting ice made from a 23 year old machine........

Comment

$125. bucks WoW where did you get it.
                  Joe
                  Green Eyed Lady
                  Sandy Hook NJ

Comment

I did a search on google and found the best price at the time for a new icemaker unit I see the price is 180 bucks, but here is a link and you can look for better prices for this part... http://www.waterfiltersfast.com/Ice-...its_c_211.html

Comment

Working...
                    X