Generastor Issue-gctid404165

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generastor Issue-gctid404165

When I first start up the generator on my 3055 (Westerbeke) it blows the 8amp fuse after a few minutes. Then, it blows the fuse everytime I try to start it. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this? Thanks. Tim

What size generator is it? The 3kw westerbeke gasoline genny has a 10Amp fuse for the control circuits and a 20Amp fuse for the battery charging circuit. Maybe someone replaced the 10A with a 8A, which could be a little too small for the circuit. Do you have the manual?

Comment

When I first start up the generator on my 3055 (Westerbeke) it blows the 8amp fuse after a few minutes. Then, it blows the fuse everytime I try to start it. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this? Thanks. Tim
      I had the same problem last year. The diodes on the control board are probably fried, and that was probably caused by the protection diodes in the relays being bad. Or...did someone use automotive relays in it like someone had done in mine (auto relays don't have internal circuit protection diodes)?Take out both relays. Put a volt meter on pins 85 and 86, checking for continuity. Then reverse the leads, and see what happens. You should have near-zero resistance one way and higher resistance the other way.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....gif[/img]EDIT: I realized the diagram didn't actually have the 85/86 labeled. So they are the unlabeled pins on the left and right.

Comment

Working...
      X