09 volvo penta out drive fluid level ???-gctid403689

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

09 volvo penta out drive fluid level ???-gctid403689

I have a 2009 Volvo Penta 195 gear DP outdrive and have a question about the fluid level. The filler dip stick on the top of the outdrive is about 3 inches long and has no add or low level on it. There is a flat area on the lower area of it and the fluid level is in the center of this area. This area is about 1 1/2 inches long. I don't want to over or under fill the outdrive. Does anyone have a manual or similar outdrive? I can't find the manual so please help with an answer. Gary op-
    GARCHAR
    1988 2655
    2009 Volvo Penta 5.7 300 hp DP F3s
    Twice Past Commodore
    Northwest Outboard Trailer Sailors, Eugene,OR

The level should be somewhere in the middle of the flat spot on the dipstick. Make sure you screw down the dipstick before checking the level for an accurate reading.
    Tony, Cape Cod, MA
    Vice Commodore Bourne Yacht Club
    1994 Carver 390 Cockpit Motor Yacht
    454 Merc Cruisers inboards
    "HOLODECK"
    2014 10' hard bottomed Dink powered by 3.3HP Mariner 2 stroke
    www.bourneyachtclub.com

Comment

Garchar wrote:
      I have a 2009 Volvo Penta 290 DP outdrive and have a question about the fluid level. The filler dip stick on the top of the outdrive is about 3 inches long and has no add or low level on it. There is a flat area on the lower area of it and the fluid level is in the center of this area. This area is about 1 1/2 inches long. I don't want to over or under fill the outdrive. Does anyone have a manual or similar outdrive? I can't find the manual so please help with an answer. Gary op-
      Gary, bring me up to speed here if you will please.

You say 2009 Volvo Penta 290 DP outdrive, and list F-3 props in your signature.

By 09, the 290 drive would have been a special order drive since it had not been in regular production since early 90ish or so.

The 290 also used the B and C series propellers.

The F series are used by the later Gimbal system Volvo Penta drives.

Just curious!

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Thanks Rick, a senior moment I suspect. Also, Tonyiiiafl thanks for the fluid level response. Gary
        GARCHAR
        1988 2655
        2009 Volvo Penta 5.7 300 hp DP F3s
        Twice Past Commodore
        Northwest Outboard Trailer Sailors, Eugene,OR

Comment

I think they all have the flat spot. I keep mine about 3/4 up on the flat spot.

Comment

Working...
          X