D'Tronic 250 Dual Station temp Gauge Sender

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D'Tronic 250 Dual Station temp Gauge Sender

Hello fellow D'tronic 250 owners. I hope some one can help me with a answer to this question. I have 2858 and Everything has worked flawlessly, but out of the blue my temp gauge at the lower helm pegs all the way hot when I turn my key to on, and the one on the bridge doesn't lift off the cold side, ever. Both gauges check ok. Is it possible that I need to reset codes in the computer? I can't find where, if there is a normal temp sender for the gauges or if the dual prong sender that is behind a bracket near the back of the motor, near #5 cylinder. The drawings all show 3 different senders for that location in the head. Does it sound like a bad sender or does the computer send to the gauges? I don't know where those gauges get their signal from, the electrical schematics don't link the boat wiring to the motor wiring.
    Brett & Elise, Sammy + Wilson
    New Addition - 2002 Trophy 2002WA FF Optimax 135
    GO HAWKS!

"does the computer send to the gauges?"...NO
    No need to reset codes in the computer.
    Dual station sender & adapter mounted on the cylinder head.
    Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
    Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
    93 3058 sold
    92 2855 (day boat)
    91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
    Longbranch WA
    Life is Good

Comment

The only sender I can find has 2 spades out of it, and I think i goes to the computer. I will take some pics today.
      GO HAWKS!

Comment

Here is the pic of the cylinder head and the 2 senders. The one in the back with the green clip is a temp sender, the other is an oil pressure sender. The other pic is the replacement sender in my hand.
        GO HAWKS!

Comment

Working...
        X