Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boat yard / mechanic Seattle area (Mercruiser)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat yard / mechanic Seattle area (Mercruiser)

I've got some spring mechanical work to do and I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations of best places to haul the boat out (outdrive fluid needs changing) either with qualified mechanics or a recommended mobile mechanic. The boatyard/mechanic that I previously used didn't provide the greatest quality work for my dad recently so I'm looking to find something else.

Thanks!
    1998 Bayliner 2858
    7.4L MPI / Bravo III
    Harbour Village Marina - Kenmore WA

I’ve got some I can’t recommend.....
    If you are thinking about doing most of it yourself, Everett is a very good yard to haul out. I can loan you the alignment tool and can walk you through most of it. There are a few little tricks but it’s pretty straightforward.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
    MMSI 367770440
    1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
    Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

I can strongly recommend Canal Boatyard. Just east of the Ballard Bridge on the north shore of the canal. I can't remember the name of the little Russian that owns the place but he was excellent to work with. They've got full service capabilities onsite and he's also happy to let you do as much work as you want yourself or to bring in outside contractors. He's absolutely paranoid about cleanliness which I have no problem with but just be aware. There's also a number of boat related hardware suppliers within walking distance.
      R.J.(Bob) Evans
      Buchanan, SK
      Cierra 2755
      Previously 43 Defever, Response LX
      Various runabouts, canoes & kayaks

Comment

Working...
      X