Assistance to find part number for external Hydraulic hoses.-gctid403283

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assistance to find part number for external Hydraulic hoses.-gctid403283

One of my hoses is leaking. It looks like it was replaced before as it doesn't match the rest and it's probably a cheap one cause well.... it's leaking..Anyway, I can't seem to locate my specific setup. Mercruiser 470 outdrive. I have seen many diagrams but they aren't showing the specific hoses I have.Particularly there are FOUR hoses, and BOTH hoses on each side attach next to each other on the trim cylinder. They are about 12" long and 3/8 diameter hoses.The main configurations seem to be only two hoses (one port and one starboard) or when there are 4 hoses, a pair on each side connect to each end of the cylinder or to an solid extension.Here is what mine looks like...

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/707014=30011-hoses1.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/707014=30012-hoses2.jpg[/img]Also, as I want to AVOID whatever the hose on the right is made of... does anyone have any insight into the material. The one on the left matches the color and wear of the two hoses on the starboard side. They seem fine, intact and high quality. They are a dull but stainless looking finish. The one on the right is shinier. You can sorta see where the crimp has failed. I want to avoid whatever this hose is, but I need to replace it.As stated above, I have not been able to locate this configuration for a part number to look up.Thanks in advance..
    Aquatic Muse
    Mount Vernon, WA
    MMSI: 367498870
    '79 Bayliner Santiago w/ Mercruiser 470 power and drive

I had a similar issue with mine... they were old and corroded looking so I went to replace them, Lake Union sea Ray (Formarly Boating world) had three out of of them in stock. The fourth, I went to our local John deere outfit and had them make me a hose. they bent new SS line and crimped new SS Braided line, it was around 35.00 if I recall. you'll need to take your old one in so they can match the bends and fitting sizes.

Comment

No one local had the right fittings but I found the hose on iBoats so ordered it.

In the mean time... What is the easiest way to bleed the system when I replace the hose?
      Aquatic Muse
      Mount Vernon, WA

Comment

I took them to my local hose shop...way way cheaper than merc. and better material. They see you coming on these hoses!!!!

The system is self bleeding when you are done. There is a vent on the hydraulic pump which lets the air out on my old system (Prestolite I think).

Chay

Comment

Thanks Chay. No one around here seemed to have the fittings. They all had the hose. After calling and visiting about 6 places it was starting to cost more in time and gas. iBoats.com had the hose for under $30, so I took it. It should be here next week. I hope it's decent quality.

Thanks for the tip about the "self bleeding" system.. Someone also suggested I hook the lower end of the hose up, loosely fit onto the cylinder side, then just run the tilt up a little to fill the hose before tightening completely then run it up and down a bit. Seemed to make sense to fill at least fill the hose. Any other air will easily bleed out in a couple of tilts.. or so it was suggested.
          Aquatic Muse
          Mount Vernon, WA

Comment

Working...
          X