Spark plug wires-gctid403110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark plug wires-gctid403110

I intend to change the plugs and wires on my 185.

Do I need to order marine dedicated wires or are they the same as plug wires for a car?

You most definately want marine-grade, no doubt about it

Comment

Napa auto parts has real nice marine grade wires for a good price. They might have to bring them in from their local warehouse but it will take about a day. Way cheaper.

Comment

There almost the same..Marine wire sets are longer due to routing around the marine exhaust manifolds, and have different ends in many cases.ie Thunderbolt distributors have different ends on them at the distributor cap than automotive.

Comment

Sierra and Mallory both offer OEM replacement plug wire sets. Very affordable. And for you motor head guys. They are either yellow or blue. Kind of customizes the engine compartment.

Comment

gary1p wrote:
            There almost the same.. Marine wire sets are longer due to routing around the marine exhaust manifolds, and have different ends in many cases. ie Thunderbolt distributors have different ends on them at the distributor cap than automotive.
            Yep!

As long as you use a high grade....., the length, the end fittings, the size in mm, and the boot profile are what you'll want to match up.

Your engine won't know that it has an automotive wire set installed, unless you tell it so.

If your engine was to find out, and has an arrogant attitude, you may want to stick with the Marine set! :kidding

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
            2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
            Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
            Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
            Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

2850Bounty wrote:
              Yep!

As long as you use a high grade....., the length, the end fittings, the size in mm, and the boot profile are what you'll want to match up.

Your engine won't know that it has an automotive wire set installed, unless you tell it so.

If your engine was to find out, and has an arrogant attitude, you may want to stick with the Marine set! :kidding

thanks for the info. My engine already has a complex since it only has 4 cylinders so I think I may stick with the marine grade so as not to send it into a deeper depresion.:kidding

Comment

Working...
              X