electrical current on deck of 3288

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electrical current on deck of 3288

I have 13 volts running through the bow rails, rub strip, cleats etc. on my 3288 when the boat is wet. Current still exists when battery switches are off and shore power is unplugged. Any ideas??
    Reset

It actually helps to know you still have it with battery switches off and isolated. I would suspect its something that gets power outside the battery switches like a bilge pump? First thing I would do is remove the negative lead off each battery one at a time to see which battery is a providing a 13-volt path to ground. Once you know that you can start looking at what items get power from that battery and isolate them (circuit breaker or fuse) one at a time. Quick question - How are you measuring the 13-volts with your cleats in the first place (two points?).
    MY 3988
    M/V MMPOWRD
    Poulsbo, WA

Comment

So this only occurs when the boat is wet? Try this when the boat is dry and the voltage is not present; use a hose to wet one small area at a time until you detect voltage on that local deck metal. From these you will need to trace the water to the source of the voltage.
      1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Mates,
        Is it normal to have so much tension on the fly bridge throttles in relation to the lower helm??
        If not, does anyone have a solution to adjusting the tension?
        PLMK,
        Thanks in advance, Dan.

Comment

Working...
        X