Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to get a replacement part for the 3055 windlass--what model is it?-gctid402762

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to get a replacement part for the 3055 windlass--what model is it?-gctid402762

This weekend the stripper broke off the windlass. It's black plastic and just couldn't take any more sun, became brittle and fell apart. The Lewmar site parts lists don't match the data I have on the windlass. The numbers on the windlass are:

VF49 F1P71B14

I assume the left is a model and the right is a serial. But the site lists things like "V1" models and other named models, nothing VF49. Does anyone know what it is. Also a good parts source that might be faster than factory-direct? We can't use the windlass at all like this; the rode just wraps around the gypsy.

I have seen this a few times come up. Someone on here said you cant get the plastic part but you can get a metal replacement for it. I cant remember who it is but im sure theyll chime in isoon. Try searching, this was specifically for the 3055/305's.

Comment

Here you go.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...light=stripper

JimMC has the part numbers and everything for ya there

Comment

Awesome, thanks!!

Now one thing though. Why didn't you post this yesterday before I finalized my order with Defender for some lines and snubbers? I mean, I know I hadn't posted my question yet, but still.

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
          Awesome, thanks!!

Now one thing though. Why didn't you post this yesterday before I finalized my order with Defender for some lines and snubbers? I mean, I know I hadn't posted my question yet, but still.
          This lack of foresight makes me question Ryan's rise to admin

Comment

lol damnit my 6th sense failed me again.

Comment

Got an e-mail reply from Lewmar also, that's pretty impressive since I just sent the question to them yesterday. I didn't know when to expect a response. Though I have to say that when I needed help on another windlass years ago, they called me within hours of an e-mail and walked me through what I needed.

He didn't recognize the numbers I gave him and asked for a photo. I already ordered from Defender so I hope he confirms it is the right piece.

Comment

Working...
              X