Need ID help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ID help!

Thanks for the invite,Picking this up for $600.oo, Any help would appreciate ,Like should I pass on it?motor is strong seem to be all there 4cyc Penta Thanks

If it floats and runs, and it has a trailer, AND you like it, that's worth a grand all day long. Welcome to the BOC!
    Jeff & Tara
    (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    sigpic
    2000 Bayliner 2858
    "GETAWAY"
    MMSI: 338094599
    In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

• Jahbass
      Jahbass commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks So much,I’m looking for any help........

It's a 21xx Explorer, semi- displacement hull, the 4 banger is there for a specific reason.
    " WET EVER "
    1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
    mmsi 338108404
    mmsi 338124956
    "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

It's only a rock, get over it.

Comment

• Jahbass
      Jahbass commented
      Editing a comment
      What specific reason?What is a diplacement Hull? I have not been able to find any Bayliner (Exploroer)

Does anyone know what this # mean ....

Comment

Yes, that is the Hull Identification Number. You can get all the manufactured information about the boat from this number. See https://itstillruns.com/decode-bayli...-10040889.html

Comment

• Jahbass
        Jahbass commented
        Editing a comment
        So is it an 2004 or the last #. 1983? Sorry,it confusing because my Ser# so different ,don’t fit the profiling ...BL BA 62FDO483-3

Thank you SOoooo much, I’m glad I joined this group U’s guys are so helpful.......MUCH THANKS

Comment

Looks like a Marysville WA plant boat (BLBA) - Hull made in April-83.
        MY 3988
        M/V MMPOWRD
        Poulsbo, WA

Comment

• Jahbass
          Jahbass commented
          Editing a comment
          Bay39,Thank you so much ....

Built at the Arlington plant and was the 62nd of the model (FD) built during the model year.

Comment

• Jahbass
          Jahbass commented
          Editing a comment
          Woodiver,That Great,Thank you ....

Thanks for all the Help,It has been ID,1983 Bayliner Trophy 2260 ,Aq125 ,270 Outdrive

Comment

Congrats. Make sure you change all fluids, check bellows (probably worth changing unless proof they have been done recently). Tune up is a good idea as well.

Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
          1998 3055 Ciera
          (yes, a 1998)
          Previous boat: 1993 3055
          Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
          Sea Doo XP
          Sea Doo GTI SE
          Life is short. Boats are cool.
          The family that plays together stays together.
          Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

• Jahbass
            Jahbass commented
            Editing a comment
            Sound like a Great plan...will do.

Pull the plugs.. Squirt fogging oil in the cylinders. Let sit for hours. Turn over the engine with a wrench while the plugs are out. It should turn easily. If not, reverse the rotation a little and then forward. If it has been sitting for several years, the cylinder walls may have slight corrosion. If you don't do the above, you could risk breaking a piston ring. ,
          cglazier - "Fiftybucks"
          1995 2855 7.4 bravo II

Comment

I am definitely going to do that, that sounds great! Thank You.If I may one more thing,I have a GOOD AQ125 in the Boat now with the 270 OutDriver... A buddy of mine offered me a AQ130 with the 270 Outdrive for back up. I read one time in the forum a couple days ago that all AQ four cylinders are Enter changeable,,Does that sound right in your opinion.....

Comment

What do you have aq125a or aq125b?
              125a is B21 block, 125b is B230 block.
              aq125 , aq130 engine parts won't be interchangeable, but both engines will mate to a 270.
              Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
              93 3058
              92 2855
              91 Fourwinns 205
              Longbranch WA
              Life is Good

Comment

• Jahbass
                Jahbass commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry AQ125A

That sounds great! I will be able to use the AQ130 and have an extra outdrive for the boat...SWEET! I was hoping to just put it in my garage slowly rebuild it paint it up nice, get it running and have it in case I ever need another motor these things are getting harder and harder to find ...Really appreciate all your help thanks

Comment

Working...
              X