Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayliner discovery 246, 2007 - Holding tank and Macerator.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner discovery 246, 2007 - Holding tank and Macerator.

Dear All, John's here. New owner of 246 Discovery Year 2007.

I recently got the 2007 246 Discovery. I was reading Owner's Manual Supplement, but I couldn't locate the holding tank and Macerator.
    I found Macerator switch just below Throttle Stick as mention in Manual. But the macerator is not working when I press the switch.
    I have checked the fuses and the macerator fuse 25A is blown. I replace with 15A, and switch on again. I only hear the shorty tick sound and fuse blown again.
    Probably because of small fuse or some wiring problem or the pump itself.

According to Manual, the holding tank is Located through the starboard wall hatch in the quarter berth. However the wall hatch is unable to remove to check.
    I peep through the stair steps, there is only something like water heater.
    And according to manual, I can check the Holding Tank level, around that area.

Please help me.
    Thanks.

A macerator is an option but the boat comes per-wired for it, are you sure you have one?
    1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Nauti_Mike View Post
      A macerator is an option but the boat comes per-wired for it, are you sure you have one?
      Yes Mike,

I’m sure I have it. There is discharge pipeline goes to transome, there is fuse at the right place according to the manual and there are 2 switches.

Attached Files

Comment

Not familiar with your model but often there are some screws holding access hatches in place, they can be hard to locate usually buried in the fuzz. The maserator is probably jammed or corroded within so you'll definately need to gain access. Hope somebody with your model can chime in to confirm.
        Dave
        Edmonds, WA
        "THE FIX"
        '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
        (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
        The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
        Misc. projects thread
        https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Originally posted by John V View Post

Yes Mike,

I’m sure I have it. There is discharge pipeline goes to transome, there is fuse at the right place according to the manual and there are 2 switches.
          John, my Maxum has the switches, fuse but no macerator or thru hull. Since you have a thru hull trace the hose back until you find the macerator.
          1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

The pump is probably jammed from lack of use. That’s common. Depending on where you are, it very well may be that you are not allowed to empty your tank using it anyway. If you are in an area that allows direct discharge then you will probably want to replace it for use after time in a no discharge harbor.
            P/C Pete
            Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
            1988 3818 "GLAUBEN
            Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
            1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
            MMSI 367770440
            1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
            Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

The holding tank is accessible, or should I say visible, through the hatch in the quarter berth. Remove the mattress and pull on the bottom of the access hatch. You will find the holding tank behind the hot water heater. The macerator is mounted on top of the holding tank. You may have to remove the hot water tank to do any work on the macerator.

Comment

I would first make sure you have the right size fuse. 15 amp not likely going to work for a 25 amp replacement. Make sure you are putting the fuse in the right location. Some 246's are opposite to what's in the manual. The left fuse box in the diagram for right fuse box in the manual. The opposite is true for the other side. Once you have the right size fuse in the right location MAKE SURE you have the valve on the stern in the open position. You can see the valve from the pic attached. If it doesn't work sadly I think you are in for a crappy job - pun intended. Dakota gives explanation above to access to macerator to the best of my knowledge. Pic should also help with location. I use mine all of the time and make sure to run anti-corrosion plumbing antifreeze through it before winterizing. I boat in a saltwater environment so it is exposed to saltwater during the season. Best of luck with it - let us know how it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtown View Post
                  I would first make sure you have the right size fuse. 15 amp not likely going to work for a 25 amp replacement. Make sure you are putting the fuse in the right location. Some 246's are opposite to what's in the manual. The left fuse box in the diagram for right fuse box in the manual. The opposite is true for the other side. Once you have the right size fuse in the right location MAKE SURE you have the valve on the stern in the open position. You can see the valve from the pic attached. If it doesn't work sadly I think you are in for a crappy job - pun intended. Dakota gives explanation above to access to macerator to the best of my knowledge. Pic should also help with location. I use mine all of the time and make sure to run anti-corrosion plumbing antifreeze through it before winterizing. I boat in a saltwater environment so it is exposed to saltwater during the season. Best of luck with it - let us know how it works out.
                  Thank you Gtown, that's what exactly you said. The fuse is in opposite size. The actual location on the Right size. I see the Valve. And the position in the pic is closed position, right? I will try to open Starboard side hatch from quarter berth.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota View Post
                    The holding tank is accessible, or should I say visible, through the hatch in the quarter berth. Remove the mattress and pull on the bottom of the access hatch. You will find the holding tank behind the hot water heater. The macerator is mounted on top of the holding tank. You may have to remove the hot water tank to do any work on the macerator.
                    Thanks Dakota,
                    But the side wall of the Quarter Berth doesn't seem removable. There is no something like hatch. The wall is made of nice material. Attached is the Aft size of the Quarter Berth. The starboard size is exactly that kind of wall. I tried to open by pulling the edge, but without a lot of force, I'm afraid that may be damage, that doesn't come out. I'll try again.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Nauti_Mike
                      Nauti_Mike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      John, Dakota said the panel is under the mattress. This matches the diagram that Gtown provided.

Originally posted by Nauti_Mike View Post

John, my Maxum has the switches, fuse but no macerator or thru hull. Since you have a thru hull trace the hose back until you find the macerator.
                    Sure Mike, I'll try again. Will be update back here.

Comment

Thank you Gtown, that's what exactly you said. The fuse is in opposite size. The actual location on the Right size. I see the Valve. And the position in the pic is closed position, right? I will try to open Starboard side hatch from quarter berth.
                      I can't remember what is open or closed. There should be a diagram on the valve of the handle. Recall the handle is green and the diagram is white on the green handle. You may need to wipe the handle of the valve to see it.

Comment

Thanks Dakota,
                        But the side wall of the Quarter Berth doesn't seem removable. There is no something like hatch. The wall is made of nice material. Attached is the Aft size of the Quarter Berth. The starboard size is exactly that kind of wall. I tried to open by pulling the edge, but without a lot of force, I'm afraid that may be damage, that doesn't come out. I'll try again.
                        You need to take out the mattress first. Looking at your pic its the wall/panel on the left side - under the stairs. Not the one with carbon monoxide detector. Once the mattress is out push on the bottom of the wall/panel and the top should fall towards you. Once the panel is out you will have access to the hot water tank under the stairs. I doubt you will be able to reach the macerator on the other side of the hotwater tank without removing the tank first. The picture I sent only shows a space under the stairs where the hot water tank would be. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks everyone. This forum is surprisingly helpful. I'll only get to access to my boat again after 20th this month. I keep the boat in other City. I will update here the result.

Again, Thanks a lot.

Comment

To remove the wall in the rear berth, you have to remove two Phillips head screws holding an "L" shaped upholstered panel that the rear table leg holds in place. The screws have decorative plastic covers on them which can be pried off to expose the two screws. When these are removed, the L panel will drop down and the panel can be pulled out. There is a plastic bracket which in theory holds the bottom of the wall in place. You would slide the wall about an inch forward to disengage this plastic bracket and then the wall comes out. You will probably end up breaking the bracket but the mattress holds the wall in place quite well without it. As for access to the holding tank; GOOD LUCK! You will be able to see it but it is extremely difficult to get to with the heater in place. And removing the heater will pretty much mean you have to cut the fresh water tank fill hose first. And BTW, you will be doing most of the work with your left hand with your head stuffed into the berth.

Not the most user friendly place to work in.
                            2007 Discovery 246
                            300mpi BIII
                            Welcome island Lake Superior

Comment

Working...
                            X