Heads- salt vs fresh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads- salt vs fresh?

time for new heads in our 3587, I’m converting from manual to electric and looking for suggestions on brand, type model etc... and salt vs fresh. Any other advice is welcomed. I am changing all hoses at this time as well. Do the fresh heads consume a significant amount of water &Power over all ? We go to desolation every other year and use an EFOY not a generator for power.
    Jay J.
    98' 3587 - Respite
    Twin 250 Cummins diesel
    Camano Island Wa.

For us the smell factor loses out over the fresh water capacity use give the limited tank size.

If you are using the boat the smell from the vent isn't bad, however the first few flushes after the boat has sat for a bit is really bad.

We have electric grinders - Vacu-flush you will be into fresh water flush but they use substantially less water than macerating electrics.

Yes they draw fairly high power, but you don't run them for all that long so the hit on bank capacity isn't too bad. My icemaker runs 24/7 so I have much bigger fish to fry if I want to go after our power consumption.
    1989 3888
    Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

I’m replacing my raw water hand pumpers with a pair of these: http://www.marinesan.com/Fresh-Water.../304712000.htm
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
      MMSI 367770440
      1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
      Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, Pete what model are you looking at. Link didn’t work for me
        Jay J.
        98' 3587 - Respite
        Twin 250 Cummins diesel
        Camano Island Wa.

Comment

The Masterflush Orbit 7120 fresh water with the deep bowl. We are what some would say is up there so low to the ground stuff isn’t good without lifting devices.
          P/C Pete
          Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
          1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
          Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
          1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
          MMSI 367770440
          1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
          Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Working...
          X