Refrigerator and water pump-gctid402392

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refrigerator and water pump-gctid402392

I just purchased a 1989 2155 ciera sunbridge, my first boat. I can not find a switch to turn the water pump or the refrigerator on. The owners manual says it should be located in the galley, and they are not. Does anyone have any sugestions.

Are you sure your boat has a pressurized water system and a refrigerator? Reason I ask is I had a 1987 2455 Ciera and that came factory with just an icebox and a faucet hand pump water system. Shore power, refrigerator, and pressurized water were options I believe.

Comment

I am new at this but it looks like a mini fridge under the counter top and there is a faucet in the sink with a single knob that pulls straight out maybe a 1/2". The owners manual lists the fridge has optional.

Comment

OK, The ice box that is standard looks like a small refrigerator, but there are no controls or coils inside - just a plastic tray to hold an ice block in the top and room to store items below. The faucet I had was a knob on the end of the faucet that you pulled and pushed to pump water from the water tank into the sink but it probably pulled out 3-4 inches each pump.

Comment

That is probably what it is because there is a tray toward the top. Was there any kind of lock on the faucet? I have tried and tried but it will only come out a 1/2".

Comment

daniel5252 wrote:
            That is probably what it is because there is a tray toward the top. Was there any kind of lock on the faucet? I have tried and tried but it will only come out a 1/2".
            No lock - but if it is the hand pump type, you can look underneath and you'll see just one plastic water line leading to the faucet from the water tank. I can't recall if the pump handle was removeable from the faucet but it should be relatively easy to remove the whole assembly and see it it can be disassembled to see what is causing the jam. Could be just the flexible diaphram is dryed out or broken from lack of use. replacements would be available from marine stores/catalog like West Marine - http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=50639 - or perhaps at a local RV dealer?

Comment

Thanks alot for your help saved me alot of head scratching. I will take a look at the fauct as soon as I get home. Thanks again!

Comment

Pro tip on the ice box, make sure the drain tube is not clogged, or you'll soon have a wet carpet. A couple times a year I would run a straight wire through and then blow it to get accumulated crud out.

Comment

Great idea, thanks, I did look at it and it wasn't hooked up. I will clean it out before I use it. Does it actually keep anything cold?

Comment

Our 1988 2455 had water tap issues as well. I could not find a way to dissemble the taps so I replaced them. Many folks suggested spending the money to get a pressurized system but I am fine with the new hand pumps.
                    Bill and Janice
                    Chatham, Ontario, Canada
                    1988 2455 Ciera

Comment

Working...
                    X