2004 bayliner running alittle tilted-gctid401919

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 bayliner running alittle tilted-gctid401919

2004 bayliner 175br (4 cyc ) 3.0 (135 hp) 21 pitch prop. During straight course running port side of boat seems about 2 plus inches lower than other side of boat when standing at rear of boat looking forward. Steering wheel 1/4 turn to the left to keep on straight course. Boat at rest, out drive straight steering wheel straight boat sitting level . What do I need to adjust.

my first thought was loading until you mentioned it's level when at rest. Looks to me that the torque tab isn't correctly adjusted (that little fin above the prop).

Comment

Thanks for the reply, do I turn it into the lean or away.

Comment

Turn it just a bit towards the high side of the boat. Every boat is different, so, you go slow until your satisfied with the way the boat handles.

Generally speaking, a lot of trim problems occur because the cargo is piled up on one side or the other. When stowing gear, you need to consider the balance.

Comment

Have you asked your wife to consider a more aggressive diet?
          Mocoondo
          2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
          Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
          MMSI: 338091755

Comment

Mocoondo wrote:

Comment

Pretty common. Boats with RH props (most)torque to port. Arrange things so youre slightly listing to stbd when at rest,itll level out more while running. Or get some trim tabs. Adjusting the tab on the drive will take any tendancy for the boat to steer harder one way than the other but wont correct the problem youre trying to solve.

Comment

Mocoondo wrote:
                Yes I have but she refuses to weigh more than 110. I'm thinking maybe she could help with the problem but she would need to be 160 to 180 . Wait a minute I know is your wife busy tomorrow.

Comment

Monterey10 wrote:
                  Turn it just a bit towards the high side of the boat. Every boat is different, so, you go slow until your satisfied with the way the boat handles.

Generally speaking, a lot of trim problems occur because the cargo is piled up on one side or the other. When stowing gear, you need to consider the balance.
                  Thanks for the help, can't what to adjust it. Thanks again Monterey 10

Comment

brandon wrote:
                    yes i have but she refuses to weigh more than 110. I'm thinking maybe she could help with the problem but she would need to be 160 to 180 . Wait a minute i know is your wife busy tomorrow.
                    lol

Comment

Working...
                    X