Where to install a tubing or skiing tow ring on a cierra 2655

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to install a tubing or skiing tow ring on a cierra 2655

Hello, perhaps there have been many articles written about this but I cannot find a direct answer.
    Where do you install a tow hook on a cierra 2655 transom? Is the transom wall strong enough to support this hook for tubing?

I have a 2003 245 and installed a tow ring on the transom above the swim platform. I backed up the installation with a large aluminum plate to distribute the load forces. The ring has been used numerous times over four seasons and there has been no cracking, flexing, or other problems. Make sure you back up the installation with a strong plate.
    2003 245 5.0L Alph 1 Gen II
    Libertyville IL.

Comment

My '90 2655 actually has a very slight "peak" half way across the transom. In the second picture, you can make out a slight "flat spot" half way between the bottom of the rub line and the "n" in the old name. If you have a different contour ( Please list all boat info in the signature section on your profile for better more accurate responses/help), you may have to have one AND a backing plate machined or bent to conform and spread the stresses more evenly. Hope this helps...
      Dave
      Restoring/ upgrading: 1990 Ciera Sunbridge 2655 ST, "One Particular Harbour"
      5.7 Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 1 (my floating retirement villa if it doesn't kill me first)
      Sold:
      1995 SeaPro 210 C/C "Hydro-Therapy"
      Mariner 150
      Towing with:
      2002 Ford F 350 7.3L Super Duty
      Near High Rock Lake, N.C.

Comment

Working...
      X