Looking for Earl-gctid401548

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Earl-gctid401548

I just put a down payment on a 4387 Bayliner Witt's End. Chris claims it's been taken care of by the hino expert Earl. I would like to ask what he thinks of the boat. Would you recomend any additions before leaving for a long trip. Also I understand it's been sitting for at least two years. We are going on a sea trial on sunday. After that I will schedule a survey and a short hull out. Should I look at anything special. I'm not sure why but Chris say's he has an extra turbo and props. Is there anything else I should make sure is on board before starting my loop adventure. I'm looking forward to meeting you in the fall.

David

http://www.baylinerguru.com/contact.htm

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

mrmomdav wrote:
        I just put a down payment on a 4387 Bayliner Witt's End. Chris claims it's been taken care of by the hino expert Earl. I would like to ask what he thinks of the boat. Would you recomend any additions before leaving for a long trip. Also I understand it's been sitting for at least two years. We are going on a sea trial on sunday. After that I will schedule a survey and a short hull out. Should I look at anything special. I'm not sure why but Chris say's he has an extra turbo and props. Is there anything else I should make sure is on board before starting my loop adventure. I'm looking forward to meeting you in the fall.David
        http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]David,I looked at that boat in November of 2010, and contacted Earl about the engines. This is what he told me:"I have serviced this boat for the last 5 years, I change the oil, all the fuel filters, check over the hole thing, it got little use this last year , but I have also had the injectors rebuilt, had the manifolds off and redone, clean the heatexchangers,adjusted the valves, I have rebuilt the raw water pumps, I winterized the boat this year as Chris is out of state.. If your looking for a good boat you found it!!!! Where do you boat?? Earl and Jolene 386 383 1872"The Boat was in decent shape, and with the exception of the radar arch needing rebuilt when I looked at it (rotten wood) only needed cosmetics and new isinglass. I loved the layout, good luck!

Comment

How did the sea trial go?

Comment

I bought Witt's End. I took it for a 150 mile trip last weekend. It ran great but the starboard engine seemed to run a little hot and smoke a little more. I found that it needs the part that the radiator cap holds to. And you were right about the isinglass. I'm trying to figure out the best way to replace it. I also need the spray shield.

Comment

Working...
            X