Is my 1903 Trophy missing a bilge pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my 1903 Trophy missing a bilge pump?

I recently picked up a used 1996 Center Console 19' Trophy and notice the water under the deck is draining from the front to the middle of the boat, under the center console. However, it's not draining from there to the rear bilge. Is there supposed to be a bilge installed down in that compartment and that's why it's not draining? I have checked the PVC pipe drain that should allow the water to go through to the rear but it seems to only go about 8 inches before hitting something solid. I'm not sure if its a blockage or maybe an elbow? I can't get to it from the rear either because of the fish locker drain box. I'm assuming this is a drain that runs under the fuel tank and should be draining to the rear bilge but can't find any specs or drawings on the build.. Anyone have a similar problem or know anything about the drain? Any and all ideas welcome!
    Thanks!
    David

so I did some more work and research today... turns out there should not be a bilge pump in there. I was able to run a snake from the rear all the way up to about the same spot I have been getting stuck coming from the console side. I wonder if the drain pipe that comes from the center console just dumps out against the gas tank and the water should run along the hull until it reaches the rear bilge area? So i plan on hooking an air hose up to it in the morning to see if I cant blow something out of there.

However, I am open to other ideas and help!!!!

Thanks!
    David

Comment

Don't know your model but it does sound a bit odd that water doesn't run back to the rear. Would be normal on a cabin cruiser but not sure about a no cabin type boat.
      Dave
      Edmonds, WA
      "THE FIX"
      '93 2556
      Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
      Misc. projects thread
      https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Working...
      X