Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trim tab question for tabman-gctid401006

tabman,

I have a somewhat heavy 24' bow rider... would like to add tabs for leveling and ride quality (stuffing the bow a bit in waves)

1. I'd like the EIC, but the kits (which have the best pricing for everything) stop with the M120 which is up to boats 23'. Do you think I'd get my moneys worth with the M120 on the 24' since it is a bowrider and does not need tabs for planing?

2. I may upgrade my cruiser as well (which has Bennett tabs to the EIC) but just to confirm - the EIC and NMEA2000 kit cannot both be installed, since they both need a resistance sensor in the upper hinge... correct?

Thanks in advance... you and your product are the best!

Ishiboo,

The 10" x 12" M120s may be a little small for your boat, we recommend them up to 23 feet. But we do offer kits up to 30" x 12" bundled with the EIC. I think some dealers may not put them in their catalogs. An 18" x 12" with an EIC would be a good choice for your boat, the part number is 1812EIC. If you Google Bennett 1812EIC you will find many online dealers that sell it, or check with your favorite dealer.

Yes you are correct the EIC and NMEA kit cannot be installed together.

I hope this is helpful.

Tom McGow

Bennett Marine
    sigpic"Like" Bennett Marine on Facebook

Comment

Tabman wrote:
      Ishiboo,

The 10" x 12" M120s may be a little small for your boat, we recommend them up to 23 feet. But we do offer kits up to 30" x 12" bundled with the EIC. I think some dealers may not put them in their catalogs. An 18" x 12" with an EIC would be a good choice for your boat, the part number is 1812EIC. If you Google Bennett 1812EIC you will find many online dealers that sell it, or check with your favorite dealer.

Yes you are correct the EIC and NMEA kit cannot be installed together.

I hope this is helpful.

Tom McGow

Bennett Marine
      I thought my distributor didn't have it as it's named differently, but they do have the 1812EIC and it's only $20 more than the M120... very glad I asked you!

I'm thinking I'd rather replace my old rocker switch with the EIC than have tab status on NMEA2000, since there has to be a switch anyway the EIC seems the way to go.

Thanks Tom for the excellent and prompt response as always. I have yet to see a single marine manufacturer of ANY product that has the level of online support you do, especially for products that are often 20+ years old!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, I am glad I could help!

One other nice thing about the EIC is that has a built in Auto Tab Retractor that raise the Trim Tabs to the full up position when the ignition is switched off.

Let me know if I may be of any help when you are installing the system.

Tom

Bennett Marine

Comment

Oh I wouldn't like that. When anchored and fishing I like to extend my tabs to help hold the boat straight in the current.

Comment

trophyboat wrote:
            Oh I wouldn't like that. When anchored and fishing I like to extend my tabs to help hold the boat straight in the current.
            The automatic retraction feature can be wired to the main battery switch so it retracts the Tabs when you are "done" with the boat. Or it can be left unconnected so that you just retract them manually when you want them up. It's up to you!

Tom

Bennett Marine

Comment

Working...
            X