Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3270 electrical wiring

good evening everyone,

The time has come for the rats nest of wire to be addressed... to boat is to be rewired. I am wondering if anyone can has a wiring diagram. I have searched the forum but since the change a lot of links now lead to no where. Any support or direction would appreciated.

Has anyone done this, have any advice or tips etc! Thank you in advance!
    Bayliner 3270 1987

I found an owners manual for 1995 with electrical diagrams at www.bayliner32xx.com in the documents section, where there are some other useful bits and pieces.
    http://bayliner32xx.com/DesktopDefau...dex=4&tabid=23
    All the best.
    Colin
    A lifetime of racing everything from dinghies to world girdlers, but one of those lucky people who just love being afloat. So .... when the body doesn't work like before, it doesn't mean staying ashore.
    Blustery Day
    Bayliner 3288 Motoryacht, 1991.
    Twin Hino 150hp diesels.
    Purchased 23 February 2017

Comment

I am rewiring the upper & lower helms on my 3870. What I am finding is that most of the mess is wiring done by previous owners. Bayliner did a pretty decent job on the factory wiring. I found a lot of abandoned wiring that just needed to be removed. I also replaced the old style glass fuses with quality fuse blocks from Blue Seas.
      Gibraltar, Mi.
      1986- 3870- Hino 175's - Just purchased May ,2017
      34' Tollycraft- sold
      88 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
      14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

Every single detail is about to get the once over... I would agree on the wiring that leads no where... I have a tonne of it Frankenstein’d to no end...

new everything here I come... instead of “Tiffany’s” for Christmas I’ve asked for electrical components

thank you for the links. They are a helpful start. Looking forward to posting fresh pics of neatly organized wiring soon

Bayliner 3270 1987

Comment

32XX Motoryacht diagram.pdf
          CapMartin, Montr├®al
          "Belle de Dalhousie"
          1986 3270
          Volvo BB225B

Comment

Thank you! That’s awesome
            Bayliner 3270 1987

Comment

If you go to bayliner.com look under Resoures. Click on Owners Manuals and Past Models. You can download a PDF on your owners manual and any spec sheets they have on your boat. Owners manual has wiring diagrams.
              John Rupp
              1989 2455 Ciera Sunbridge
              5.8 OMC Cobra

1989 3288
              Starshine

Comment

Good luck. On mine I enlarged the access port in the head that goes to under the helm. It made working on the electrical and the shifters/throttles almost pleasureable.

Comment

• WelcomeYYJ
                  WelcomeYYJ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good point...! Will add that to the possibilities as this evolves

Not sure how you find that? No "resources" link that I can see?
                A lifetime of racing everything from dinghies to world girdlers, but one of those lucky people who just love being afloat. So .... when the body doesn't work like before, it doesn't mean staying ashore.
                Blustery Day
                Bayliner 3288 Motoryacht, 1991.
                Twin Hino 150hp diesels.
                Purchased 23 February 2017

Comment

+1 on the Blue Sea fuse block. I cleaned up the wiring on the FB and installed a Blue Sea 12 circuit unit. Everything now works better.
                  "Martini's Law"
                  1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
                  Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Working...
                  X