X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    I agree with Jim.

Six terminals is fairly standard, and the additional negative would be for an eluminated toggle.

This would be for the eluminated toggle handle.

Leave a comment:

• JimMc
    replied
    Power and a return for the light in the switch,positive and negative.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    JimMc wrote:
    Likely extra terminals are to light the switch, not part of circuit. Six pin. Aka DPDT is all you should need. DOUBLE POLE DOUBLE.THROW
    Excellent point - sadly i had totally overlooked the fact that the light itself would require any power source....

Leave a comment:

• JimMc
    replied
    Likely extra terminals are to light the switch, not part of circuit. Six pin. Aka DPDT is all you should need. DOUBLE POLE DOUBLE.THROW

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Toggle Switch: on-off-on 8 terminal!-gctid400971

Toggle Switch: on-off-on 8 terminal!-gctid400971

So my anchor/nav light switch broke. Its an on-off-on toggle, easy to find right? Nope.

Mine has 8 terminals, which is starting to seem impossible to find. I can find nothing locally, marine, automotive or electronic shops. No one can even order one.

Greatlakesskipper has one that would work perfectly, but for the $9.99 switch, its $40 to have it shipped to eastern Canada - seems a little excessive.

6 terminal switches are everywhere - so, before I fork out the shipping costs, can I alter my 8 terminal switch to a 6? I'm assuming (and could definitely be wrong) that several of the lights are on their own circuit - can they be combined to drop it from an 8 to a 6? (perhaps that's a silly question).

I leave this to the wiring champs out there.
Working...
X