Fuse Block Defective?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse Block Defective?

Bought a fuse block at princess auto, one with 10 blade fuses and red leds to indicate blown fuses. Connected up some engine room and high bilge water alarms and I notice that they would test activate even without a fuse. In testing I found each circuit had 13.2 v with a good fuse in place as expected. However, when I removed the fuses I still had 11.2 v. on each circuit. I was expecting zero volts. Only one main power wire connected to the blocks positive post seen in the picture and the ground wires are on a separate bus bar. Any electronics guys out there?

here's a pic of the block

1987 3270 135-Hino
    Foxtrap, Newfoundland

Unable to see the images for some reason...
    Do the red LED's come on when you pull a fuse, stay on, or never light up?
    1992 Bayliner Trophy 2502 WA
    2009 Twin Suzuki 140 HP OB's
    "Always finding improvement projects on this old lady..."

Comment

I can't see any picture either. May sound silly but you've got some massive feedback from somewhere down the line or they manufactured the fuse block all wrong. If you detach the "incoming" wire and then test the fuse block to ground - do you still get voltage? . . . . sounds like you would from your posting . . . . can't be right . . .
      1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
      Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
      WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
      James H. Stradling

Comment

Agree with Dadrock try disconnecting the 12V supply to see what happens. What you might be seeing is leakage through the LEDs not knowing how they are connected.
        1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

I think that is exactly what the problem is, leakage through the LEDs, tried two, returned them and bought just a simple basic block still with the newer blade fuses but no LEDs. Works perfect, lesson learned, stay away from cheap junk.

I am having problems uploading pictures with the new software always get errors. Not sure whats up with that.
          1987 3270 135-Hino
          Foxtrap, Newfoundland

Comment

Working...
          X