Warning alarms for a 1991 2855 Ciera Sunbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning alarms for a 1991 2855 Ciera Sunbridge

Does anyone know the full list of reasons my 1991 2855 Ciera Sunbridge might sound an alarm. My manual says it could be for either 1) too high of coolant temp. 2) Low engine oil pressure or 3) Low oil level in the sterndrive and/or reserve bottle. Are there any other reasons my alarm might sound beyond those?

Those are the reasons.
    Whats happening?
    Dave
    Edmonds, WA
    "THE FIX"
    '93 2556
    Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
    Misc. projects thread
    https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Yep those are the three things the alarm monitors. As Dave said what are you expierencing?
      1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Our 2000 7.4L MPI Bravo 3 also alarms for other reasons (though not shown in the manual). I found this out in the sea trial after reinstallation of the engine. When we got up to planing speed the alarm sounded. It was reset-able by shutting off and restarting, and as long as we stayed slow, no alarm. The cause? The mechanic had failed to reconnect the knock sensor lead. Easy fix with the code reader, though I'm sure not applicable to a carbureted older engine. But I put it out there for others who might experience alarms without symptoms of the big 3.
        Jeff Prime
        "Optimystic Prime"
        2000 Bayliner 2855 Ciera Sunbridge
        Anacortes, WA

Comment

• builderdude
          builderdude commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, MPI is a bit more complex so to speak. OP should be running TB4 ignition no knock sensor for him.

• Nauti_Mike
          Nauti_Mike commented
          Editing a comment
          Dave is correct, older non MPI only has the three items monitored by the alarm.

Something to be said for " old school " no sensors, a hei dizzy and a 4 barrel Rochester.

Hey ... maybe that's what i install in my next boat.

Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Thanks for the replys. No issues at this time. Someone at some point along the way suggested that there may be additional reasons for that toned alarm to go off. I keep a cheat sheet at the helm of that kind of info and wanted to make sure I had all the reasons.

Comment

Working...
          X