4788 cockpit ladder hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 cockpit ladder hatch

Has anyone out there patch in the ladder hatch opening. We have a bad leak around our hatch. The PO had the hatch cut open even more with a circular saw. Then he imbed a 1/2 plexiglass sheet in the opening. He made the glass level with the deck. Used a rubber gasket. Plus caulking below the plexiglass where it rested. He then had a custom stainless steel frame secure the sheet to the recessed area it sit into. As time past, the rain got in. So looking for good ideas. Do I lose any value by in filing. We don't use the ladder. Like the space in the cockpit better.

We have a sliding plexiglass hatch cover that works great. I personally like having the ladder and do use it from time to time. We keep our bikes up against it so there is some additional space taken up and makes the ladder unusable unless I move the bikes. All trade offs.
    2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
    12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
    MV Kia Orana
    Currently Enjoying the PNW

Comment

Hello Hotwired.....am having a similar issue.....how did you resolve this?
      We have No Plan and we're sticking to it...,

Comment

We filled our hatch in. Now just a solid deck on top. Flat ceiling in cock pit. Looks good

Comment

Working...
        X