Steering Issue-gctid400188

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Issue-gctid400188

Just bought a 1995 2859 Cierra and the steering system seems to be a little sloppy. When in a no-wake zone it almost seems like there are stops when going left or right - i.e. when turning it gets hard and then lets up. When on plane it is less noticeable. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what the fix was. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

captain dick wrote:
    Just bought a 1995 2859 Cierra and the steering system seems to be a little sloppy. When in a no-wake zone it almost seems like there are stops when going left or right - i.e. when turning it gets hard and then lets up. When on plane it is less noticeable. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what the fix was. Any thoughts will be appreciated.
    Just a dumb thought - have you checked the fluid level in the power steering unit??

Comment

did they have power steering in 1995? My little one does the same a bit too (no power steering) but it isn't that hard to control to start with.

Comment

captjmh wrote:
        Just a dumb thought - have you checked the fluid level in the power steering unit??
        Thanx for the thought - the boat is presently about 100 miles away having some work done before we bring it to St Augustine - will check that fluid level.

Comment

Working...
        X