Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flight Series with hull damage-gctid828747

Hello,

I've owned a 2007 Flight Series F-19 for 6 seasons. I've always taken care not to ding it up the best possible but this season the bow got nicked up terrible by a pipe at a new slip location. The gouges are in the Flight Series decal around the bow. They are deep enough to dig into the gel coat and appear white in the royal flight series blue decal.

Are these decals or part of my gel coat? It doesn't make sense I could do a gel coat repair on the decal. Any ideas on what I can do?

If that blue is a wrap over the gelcoat I doubt that it can be repaired satisfactorily. You may have to get rid on at least a portion of the decal, if not all of it and use a high quality marine paint to restore the blue color. Not being familiar with this particular model I have to ask, is it actually a vinyl wrap? Seems like it would have been less expensive to build with a blue gelcoat backed with the white. Just my $.02

Greg
    Newport, Oregon
    South Beach Marina
    1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
    Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
    Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

It appears to be a white hull with a blue vinyl decal wrap that runs along the front and down the side. Can be better seen in the attached photo. I had some issues with some of the lettering along the side that peeled after rubbing on a dock bumper.

Attached files

Comment

I can see what you mean. Seems like a strange way to do on a boat when you know it may rub on something. Wish I had a lift like that for my 3270.

Greg
        Newport, Oregon
        South Beach Marina
        1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
        Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
        Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

Working...
        X