Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spare Parts-gctid828657

HI Everyone.

I have recently bought a 1996 Ciera 2355. I am trying to restore it to its former glory but am having some problems finding parts. Specifically I am looking for items such as a new escape hatch and porthole window covers for the outside. Sorry if I haven't used the right terminology but I am really new at this. Also I need a piece for the canvas cover? Would this be a part number or will I have to go to a custom shop? Thank You. I live on Vancouver Island just South of Nanaimo.
    Brand new boat owner July 2017. Retired from telecom industry in 2011. Bought a 1996 2355 Bayliner Cirea and was taken for a ride. However I loved the lines of the boat and replaced the engine (357 V8 Mercruiser) and decided to restore boat. I am learning lots. I am very appreciative of this site a

Welcome! I'm an East Coaster but have read lots on here about Leta's Top Shop (Arlington Wa I think). They say she used to work at Bayliner and like Kim at CanvasPlus (same town) they bought up MANY original templates and patterns from the factory. You might want to get back into your SIGNATURE portion on your profile and get a bit more specific regarding the technical and specifics about your boat to get model specific info faster. From the WELCOME/ NEW dropdown in the upper portion of the FORUM INDEX page, click on the OWNER'S LISTS option and see if there is a group "within the group" listing for your specific model. Hopefully those will give you more direct info/ help

Enjoy!

Dave
    Dave
    Restoring/ upgrading: 1990 Ciera Sunbridge 2655 ST, "One Particular Harbour"
    5.7 Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 1 (my floating retirement villa if it doesn't kill me first)
    Sold:
    1995 SeaPro 210 C/C "Hydro-Therapy"
    Mariner 150
    Towing with:
    2002 Ford F 350 7.3L Super Duty
    Near High Rock Lake, N.C.

Comment

Welcome! To replace the "escape hatch", it's a matter of removing the inside trim ring to measure the cutout. Once you have that, go shopping. Prices vary incredibly for the same size, brand and part number. Once past the price, add in the shipping and taxes. Now you have the real cost of the hatch. If the issue with the current hatch is broken or crazed plexiglass, that can be replaced. If you work with wood, it's not all that different, just a lot harder on blades. You could probably make a heavy paper template and take it to a glass shop and they would make the new window in whatever tint you want. I bought some plexiglass, hatches use quarter inch thickness, for a couple of my hatches for about $50US. I have to do the cutting but that's easy. You want to use the correct sealant, this is the stuff: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now, the port holes/lights. What do you mean by covers for the outside. Normally this is with a chunk of fabric that's like a shoe cover and is used inside the cabin, so I need a bit of help here. Pictures would be the most helpful.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

The items you mention are not Bayliner specific. If you could find part numbers, buying them from Bayliner most likely would be much more expensive

Canvas parts can be done by any local shop that does that kind of work.

The hatch is available Ebay or other on line sites. Most likely it is a Bomar hatch and if not there will be a Bomar replacement for yours.

As mentioned, get the size, find a Bomar replacement. Ebay is likely your best price but shop.

Some parts of your boat may be Bayliner specific but most will be available from other sources.

Have fun with your project.

Doug
        Started boating 1955
        Number of boats owned 32
        Bayliners
        3870 presently owned
        Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

"Buncrana" post=828657 wrote:
          Also I need a piece for the canvas cover? Would this be a part number or will I have to go to a custom shop?
          You have a couple of alternatives regarding the canvas: go to a custom shop or call Leta's Top Shop to see if they have a pattern. If Leta has a pattern for the canvas you are looking for, it will usually be the least expensive alternative, since a custom shop will have to develop the canvas from scratch. When you call Leta, have the boat's Hull ID Number handy. She'll use this to determine if she has the pattern. Keep in mind that Leta will provide the canvas without the snaps installed. She will include a number of snaps and an installation tool. The reason is that the snaps on the boats were all hand-laid and no two boats are the same.

BTW, call Leta. She usually doesn't reply to emails. http://letastopshop.com/
          1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
          2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
          Anacortes, WA
          Isla Verde, PR

Comment

Thank You for your input guys. I maybe worded the porthole cover wrong what I mean is the plastic trim that is screwed on from the outside. Both are broken. Roughly they are about 12 inches by 5.5 inches I have been all over amazon, e-bay, and everywhere I can't seem to find that size. Same for the hatch it is only plastic pieces that have snapped on the levers and the hinges are broken I can maybe try and doctor these not sure yet.

Re the canvas thanks a lot I will make sure to call.

Sorry can't seem to upload photos yet for some reason.

Did you ride a Norton? I rode Triumphs
            Brand new boat owner July 2017. Retired from telecom industry in 2011. Bought a 1996 2355 Bayliner Cirea and was taken for a ride. However I loved the lines of the boat and replaced the engine (357 V8 Mercruiser) and decided to restore boat. I am learning lots. I am very appreciative of this site a

Comment

Buc, you could fill and sand those outside trim rings and nobody will notice but you. Or, again measure the size and go shopping on the net. If you were in the US, or if you get to Seattle, Fisheries Supply is an excellent resource. I'm thinking about the delay in customs as much as anything. The total value may make it worth making the trip down, after the parts are at Fisheries, and assuming there's an Admiral, it could be a fun get away. Just thinking.
              P/C Pete
              Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
              1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
              Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
              MMSI 367770440

Comment

Working...
              X